• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Athlai

Not Terrible
Oh wow they actually daringly reinvented Bray and stumbled into something that could be genuinely upsetting. I look forward to seeing how they **** it up.

Teja.

Global Moderator
Is You-Know-Who in the conversation for in ring goat?

While people have had more epic matches due to having the opportunity to main event more often, in terms on minute-by-minute intensity, he’s unparalleled imo.

andmark

International Captain
Is You-Know-Who in the conversation for in ring goat?

While people have had more epic matches due to having the opportunity to main event more often, in terms on minute-by-minute intensity, he’s unparalleled imo.
Benoit? Yeah, he'd have to be in the conversation.

Let's steal a CC idea: who's on the Mount Rushmore of wrestling? Flair, Austin, Misawa, Hogan is my initial pick.

Last edited:

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, very predictable, and they should have had the patience to hold off on it longer, but it was still good imo.

MrPrez

International Debutant
Yeah, very predictable, and they should have had the patience to hold off on it longer, but it was still good imo.
I really want to see a non-turncoat Kevin Owens. I think he's best as a slightly awkward, happy-go-lucky good guy. I enjoyed him as the fill-in on New Day even if it was obvious it was going to go downhill.

MrPrez

International Debutant
KO is awesome as a heel though.
Yeah he's pretty good. But I think WWE has more than enough good heels; less good faces. Maybe I'm wrong.

Ultimately feel he will go back and forth throughout his career though. He's good at both.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
The E has barely any good top level heels imo, and many of those it does have are much better at being face (e.g. Rollins, Styles).

I guess KO may flip flop a bit, but whilst he is decent at both, he is one of these guys who was just born to play heel.

I think what makes him so good at it is that he's a very relate-able heel. He's just an utter dickhead. Everyone has a KO in their life somewhere.

MrPrez

International Debutant
The E has barely any good top level heels imo, and many of those it does have are much better at being face (e.g. Rollins, Styles).

I guess KO may flip flop a bit, but whilst he is decent at both, he is one of these guys who was just born to play heel.

I think what makes him so good at it is that he's a very relate-able heel. He's just an utter dickhead. Everyone has a KO in their life somewhere.
Baron Corbin, Drew McIntyre, Samoa Joe, Sami Zayn (at least it seems he's being pushed heavily in that direction atm). Andrade and Lars Sullivan are both heels who look like they're going to get big rises moving forward. And I guess there's guys like Jinder Mahal too,

I kind of feel like the faces aren't of as good a standard. AJ is obviously hugely popular but someone like Reigns just doesn't seem to be getting the response that the WWE wants from him. Seth feels a bit meh, while guys like The New Day and Rey Mysterio just aren't sustainably headliners imo. I'm probably being stupid and forgetting people though.

Then you have guys like Braun and Brock, both of whom seem more inclined towards being heels (although Braun is a bit of a weird case). I just feel like there's a plethora of heel-leaning guys in WWE right now, and they're likely to find some top-class ones out of the list. Whereas face seems a lot less populated.

MrPrez

International Debutant
On the topic of Owens and face/heel, just saw this article (albeit by Sportskeeda) about how Owens was actually meant to be a face but had to turn heel due to Bryan's injury.

Niall

International Coach
Ratings are getting a little concerning for the WWE, Raw numbers falling of a cliff. God help them when NFL returns. Props to Fox for spending so much money a product which is relatively cold atm:laugh:

Do think the lack of stars is a big issue, especially when you see someone as average as Corbin featured so strongly. A guy who doesn't look remarkable, average worker and so-so promo guy.

Meltzer and Bryan going into a brief chat about it and how few solutions their is to fix it.