• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Niall

International Coach
Truly a waste of a Shield reunion if they are going to be facing The Miz and those 2 ****ing geeks who hang around him. No clue how they are going to make these any sort of threat or if they will even bother. Shame as Sheamus/ Cesaro heck even Bray and Strowman are right there. Ah well.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Yeah, agree.

The reunion of any significant/moderately cool stable is always pointless unless they have a stable of commensurate status to face off against tbh. These type of stories work best when there is a new serious threat that emerges and means everyone else has to band together (e.g. when the Nexus first showed up). The problem is nobody in their right mind buys Axel and Bo as anything other than prank wrestlers.

Speaking of not buying into people, I see the Smackdown writers still don't seem to have learned their lesson about the Jinder promos. Not as bad as the one from last week, but still total garbage. I was one of the ones who gave Jinder the benefit of the doubt and wanted to see what they would do with him at first, but **** me they need to wrap this Jinder as WWE champ **** up ASAP. It's just painful viewing.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think it is one of those situations when you first have to feed a heel group that everyone wants to see beaten up to the reforming face faction. They will quickly move on to either Sheamus/Cesaro or The Club with Braun Strowman, maybe a new Wyatt Family with Bray, Goldust and someone else, before Roman moves onto Brock at Wrestlemania and Ambrose/Rollins beat maybe Wyatt and Goldust for the tag titles there as well.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Was listening to the latest Solo episode and a guy called Jono from Melbourne sent in a question about Johnny Gargano. I was under the impression he hadn't watched wrestling for over 10 years.

Niall

International Coach
Think it is one of those situations when you first have to feed a heel group that everyone wants to see beaten up to the reforming face faction. They will quickly move on to either Sheamus/Cesaro or The Club with Braun Strowman, maybe a new Wyatt Family with Bray, Goldust and someone else, before Roman moves onto Brock at Wrestlemania and Ambrose/Rollins beat maybe Wyatt and Goldust for the tag titles there as well.
They have have beaten up non stop though especially by Dean and Seth! Spirit Squad were at least somewhat protected before they lost to DX and had some heat and of course been 5 helped. Axel and Bo are jobbers. The fact that they lost to Jordan and Matt speaks volumes. Creative were more concerned about protecting two guys who are no certs to be on the next PPV then give those 2 losers a small rub.

I recall a few years ago they had The Rock and Cena face Miz and Truth at survivor series, the majority of the build the 2 heels were booked as an after thought, the main selling point was "how would they co-exist!" and it under performed and Miz had a lot of heat for that. You have to some sort of cred before you face a super team, I assume they may try and give them some heat in the next few weeks but it won't be close to enough to compensate for years of geek booking.

I'd maybe cut it some slack if the Miztourage were awesome workers, but they are at best solid hands which is another huge negative.

Compare that to the shields first PPV match v Ryback/Bryan and Kane, the difference will be immense.

Last edited:

Spikey

There's an easy way for him to prove it's not him and that's by resuming his posting career. Who does he think he is, Sting? get ****ed **** and start posting again.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
I actually watched Impact for the first time in ages last night. Was alright.

A bit of a shame/quite funny that after a month Jim Cornette is gone because of him not being able to get into Canada though :laugh:

Spikey

been meaning to quote this for a week now

When you really think about it critically there hasn't been a lot of periods in WWE history where their TV was good. Most of the Attitude era was garbage (been going back through it with the B&V&C podcasts, who could ever forget "cahoots") and Ruthless Agression era was actually decent for parts, but that was mostly Smackdown! stuff with Kurt, Eddie, Brock, early Cena, JBL etc. RAW gets hot for a month or two every now and then but tends to fizzle out with terrible booking pretty quickly, especially since going to 3 hours.
It just seems to me it's insanely difficult if not impossible to balance the 52 week TV show & house show business with the monthly PPV business which also has a marquee tier to it