• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Pro-Wrestling Thread II

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Just looked at the old thread to see if I was posting then, wasn't,

Test was Hoggy31's fav wrestler. Fair random.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Solomonster says Cena vs. Miz was the worst Mania main event ever. Even was than Bigelow vs. Lawrence Taylor.

Missed the whole Miz thing. Who the **** is this guy. I get he was some MTV dude, how the **** did he main event Mania

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
He had a real hot run from mid-09 culminating in MITB cash-in in late 2010 and beating Cena at Mania. I think people are trying to revise history and say it was an abomination but boy was he over

I don't remember much about the main event but WM2 was worse for sure. Also 9 if you count the Hogan win as the main event

andmark

International Captain
The commentators were **** for Miz vs Cena as well which didn't help (despite them being King, JR and Cole). I'd say WM 2 had a better main event even though it seems silly now, because of the big spot at the end- in a time when there were still people who thought it was real.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
The commentators were **** for Miz vs Cena as well which didn't help (despite them being King, JR and Cole). I'd say WM 2 had a better main event even though it seems silly now, because of the big spot at the end- in a time when there were still people who thought it was real.
Would have to rewatch as I haven't since I saw it live I don't think. But as a kid I watched all my old videos heaps but not mania 2 because it was ****

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It really is up there with Wm 2 and Hogan v Yoko as the very worst. Sucked balls. The whole of Wrestlemania 27 was pretty bad... HHH vs Taker was good I guess, but I don't even remember anything else.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
It really is up there with Wm 2 and Hogan v Yoko as the very worst. Sucked balls. The whole of Wrestlemania 27 was pretty bad... HHH vs Taker was good I guess, but I don't even remember anything else.
It's a shame too because Miz had been doing such good work and Cena has great matches with everyone

25 was pretty bad too main event wise

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I would have vomited if I'd seen WM 9. That has to be the worst surely.
It was so stupid, like you don't mind a swerve ending when it's the briefcase or when Vince brought Batista out after Cena had won the chamber but why the **** would a heel who was undefeated challenge hulk ****ing hogan just after winning the title

andmark

International Captain
It was so stupid, like you don't mind a swerve ending when it's the briefcase or when Vince brought Batista out after Cena had won the chamber but why the **** would a heel who was undefeated challenge hulk ****ing hogan just after winning the title
And it's just the ultimate safe option which doesn't help either. Just horrendously boring.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's a shame too because Miz had been doing such good work and Cena has great matches with everyone

25 was pretty bad too main event wise
Yeah if not for Taker v HBK 25 would have to be one of the very worst WMs. That one match saved the whole show. And actually the Wm25 main event was probably just as bad as Miz-Cena. It may not have been as objectively a bad match but the build to HHH vs Orton had been amazing, and what we got was just so so disappointing. That's probably the main event I'd pick as having the biggest difference in quality between the buildup and the actual match.

andmark

International Captain
Yeah if not for Taker v HBK 25 would have to be one of the very worst WMs. That one match saved the whole show. And actually the Wm25 main event was probably just as bad as Miz-Cena. It may not have been as objectively a bad match but the build to HHH vs Orton had been amazing, and what we got was just so so disappointing. That's probably the main event I'd pick as having the biggest difference in quality between the buildup and the actual match.
Steamboat though :wub:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
can someone tell me whether the Cena vs. Rock feud(s) were good? And was Rock tweener or heel?

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I liked. First match was absolutely stellar and I'm a big fan of the long-term booking.

Was pretty much face v face