• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Most Disgraceful Sporting Moment

99*

International Debutant
McCaw the great NEW Zealand captain,he is so good he manages to pull the wool over all referees eyes and gets away with more professional fouls in one game than most players do in a full career.:@
This won't end well.

andmark

International Captain
Quite simple, just post a link or give a description of what you think is the most disgraceful moment in sports.

For me, the death of Roger Williamson in the Dutch GP. His car crashed, flipped and caught fire, fellow driver and friend David Purley stopped his car and got out to try flip the car and get Roger out. While this was happening the track marshalls were on the track kicking parts that fell off the car off the track. Once the fire started to get to big David was pulled away by marshalls and te car was left to burn with Roger still in the car. What made this so much worse was some members of the crowd wanted to help flip the car, but were stopped by marshalls/guards with dogs.

http://nz.youtube.com/watch?v=3mz3ZzSXyWM

Close second was a Spanish GP (can't remember the date), where the day before the race it was found the track barriers were unsafe. The team wanted to cancel the race and wait for updates to the barriers, but the race organisers threatened to sue the team with breach of contract. This forced the teams to race and during it a car's rear wing broke and the car flew into the crowd killing three people. The race continued for three more laps and the organisers still held a celebration.
That was horrible, regreting I clicked the link. Rip Roger Williamson.

As I said on the video, magnificent act of of friendship from David Purley.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
McCaw the great NEW Zealand captain,he is so good he manages to pull the wool over all referees eyes and gets away with more professional fouls in one game than most players do in a full career.:@
It's called playing to the edge of the law, dimwit.

Flying V

U19 12th Man
The Roger Williamson video was one of the most touching things I've ever seen, I was sure I wouldn't be phased, but that sheer display of courage was so incredible, saddest youtube video ever, it has to be said.