• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official NBA Thread***

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
If Steph is done for the year I'm not watching another second of the NBA this season.
Why? There's so much other stuff going down you don't wanna miss. the Hawks-Celtics series is looking like the match up of the round, The the Spurs, there's the Cavs. On the whole plenty of good basketball to go around

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The second round will be great but yeah I'm still enjoying the 3 remaining Eastern conference matches and Blazers vs. Clips is good too.

Sad to see my Pistons got out in 4 - felt like we should have made the Cavs win it at home at the very least. I do really like our starting 5. KCP has been great and deserves to be in all NBA defensive team discussion and Tobias was an excellent pickup. Andre is frustrating, an exceptional player who's free throw shooting means he can never be a true number 1 that you can build around, which is a shame, unless he improves in that one area.

Despite being swept I wasn't that impressed with the Cavs. I don't think it is a formality at all that they are winning the east.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Despite being swept I wasn't that impressed with the Cavs. I don't think it is a formality at all that they are winning the east.
yeah the cavs have been up and down all season, but who in the east do you think can give them a fight? the raptors? the hawks? good teams and all but i don't see either of them beating cleveland in a 7 game series...besides atlanta is all tied up with the celtics and there is no guarantee they will come out of the 1st round...

Last edited:

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Why? **** happens. And there are a lot of good match-ups coming up.

Plus, if I can watch the '12 playoffs when Rose went down, you can stomach this.
well it would certainly be a huge letdown to what has been a historic season...would essentially mean the warriors' title chances are over...i will still watch because the spurs are still in it but i am really rooting to steph to get back and continue to be healthy, really want to watch a spurs-warriors final in the west assuming both teams stay injury-free...that has the potential to be an epic series...

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
yeah the cavs have been up and down all season, but who in the east do you think can give them a fight? the raptors? the hawks? good teams and all but i don't see either of them beating cleveland in a 7 game series...besides atlanta is all tied up with the celtics and there is no guarantee they will come out of the 1st round...
A fight? I think the two teams you've named could make it difficult for the Cavs (if the Raptors play to potential). But I was going to nominate the Heat, I think they match-up well. In saying that, you'd expect LeBron will soon enough have some massive games and with the home advantage it will take a big effort to beat them.

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
A fight? I think the two teams you've named could make it difficult for the Cavs (if the Raptors play to potential). But I was going to nominate the Heat, I think they match-up well. In saying that, you'd expect LeBron will soon enough have some massive games and with the home advantage it will take a big effort to beat them.
dunno, i can see them taking a game or two from the cavs but just can't see them winning a series...besides they are 2-2 against charlotte right now and have their hands full just to come out of the 1st round...

Anil

Hall of Fame Member
Wow Golden State completely destroyed Houston yesterday...just shows how terrific a team they are even without Curry...the Blazers are a confident bunch right now though, should be a competitive series...