• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

** Official Cricketweb Horseracing thread **

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
benchmark00 said:
1. Miss Potential
:notworthy

The Derby is interesting...Pendragon v Headturner in the Norman Robinson was a great contest, hoping for a repeat today.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Queen of the Hill was a good thing beaten in the first...Saab is a tough race not sure who i will donate my money to the TAB on yet...:(

_Ed_

thewizard1o1 said:
Queen of the Hill was a good thing beaten in the first...Saab is a tough race not sure who i will donate my money to the TAB on yet...:(
She sure was! Amazing effort to get 2nd really after having to go around the back of the three leaders. They broke 1:10, good track.

Mr Celebrity is a top chance in the Saab of course, and the weird runner is Envoy. He was useless here at the start of his career, but then he came 4th in the Kelt at the start of this month and went alright at Geelong I think it was, late bloomer obviously! Not sure how he'll measure up in this field.

thewizard1o1

International Debutant
Might have a lazy few on Envoy...then i will have someone to blame when i lose my $$$ :P

Miss Potential is 9.90 on NSWTAB atm :)

_Ed_

9.90! Half that here if you're lucky.

Oh dear, Envoy, sorry about that. :oops:

Good win Strasbourg.

Last edited:

_Ed_

That was a great race, awesome performance by Lotteria. And Miss Potential did NZ proud again. :happy:

_Ed_

Have to watch out for those goats.

Starcraft came 7th today in the Breeders' Cup Classic...was in a great position but just didn't run on, possibly the dirt track or the longer distance weren't to his liking. The winner was impressive. Not sure why they put Starcraft in the Classic, the Mile (on turf) had a much weaker field and I believe he would have won that easily.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd like to get into horse racing but I just don't know enough about it. Do you eventually just recognise a good horse when you see it race after a while of following it? :-O

_Ed_

Wonderful win by the champion mare, incredible.

And on a patriotic note, a heroic performance by Xcellent, apparently losing a shoe at the 1600. He was flying but just came to the end of his run. Still awesome effort though.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Well she has confirmed her status as one of the top if not the top Australiasian horse EVER...

Her and Phar Lap stand alone at the top of the pack IMO...

and i would place her just in front..

benchmark00

I cant comment on Phar Lap, as look, to be honest, i only saw the last half of its career.... but seriously, i cant comment on that horse, but Makybe is by FAR the most dominant horse of this era, and im pretty sure i'll never ever see a horse like it.

nibbs

International Captain
benchmark00 said:
Woah Makybe... magical.
have to ask, if they hadn't watered the track beforehand, would the result have still been the same? sounds like the conditions were manipulated to suit her if you ask me. the track would have been harders perhaps suited other horses more than her.

benchmark00

nibbs said:
have to ask, if they hadn't watered the track beforehand, would the result have still been the same? sounds like the conditions were manipulated to suit her if you ask me. the track would have been harders perhaps suited other horses more than her.
Its a fair call, i think its ridiculous they watered the track, certainly just to make sure Makybe and Vinnie would run, but to be honest i think the horse is so good that it wouldnt have mattered, might of altered the minor placings though, i know Freyer (the trainer of Leica Falcon) wasnt happy at all, along wih other top trainers such as Waterhouse. Guess we'll never know what could have happened though.