• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The New All Blacks Haka

Do you support the new All Blacks Haka?

• Total voters

nibbs

International Captain
i dislike it, as i do with pretty much every aspect of the all blacks at the moment. most of them are arrogant and suspect they are all actually better than they actually are. i think that graham henry has become even more smug than sir clive was, and he hasn't even won the world cup. ffs

as i expected we have dominanted the rugby world for the past 3 years, and things are about to get ugly next year and then the country will be thrown into chaos when we are defeated in the semi final by whoever. i'm over it tbh

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
nibbs said:
i dislike it, as i do with pretty much every aspect of the all blacks at the moment. most of them are arrogant and suspect they are all actually better than they actually are. i think that graham henry has become even more smug than sir clive was, and he hasn't even won the world cup. ffs

as i expected we have dominanted the rugby world for the past 3 years, and things are about to get ugly next year and then the country will be thrown into chaos when we are defeated in the semi final by whoever. i'm over it tbh
And thank God the rest of the population don't think like you.

How many of these All Blacks do you know to be able to consider them "arrogant"?

nibbs

International Captain
most rugby fans are arrogant too imo. at rugby games basically i get a distinct feeling that most fans were expecting a try to be scored. this arrogance is created by the nz media imo. the media in new zealand often seem absolutely desperate to rant and rave about the all blacks, perhaps in a desperate attempt to get attention. i don't see the turn on in a 70 point thrashing of a pacific nation side, but the media absolutely thrive in such circumstances. players like doug howlett, who's 1 skill is being able to run fast, are billed as the world's best winger as he out runs overweight islanders, only for him to found out when he soundly finds he can't run around wingers who can match him for speed.

the new haka is crap, simply. as far as entertainment value goes, its a borefest. maybe opposition teams should take lead from the south american basketballers and just continue warming up when the haka is performed.

the current coach is about as smugger coach i think we have ever encountered. perhaps an example of his arrogance was he outburst at john connelly for having an opinion on the haka. i think tbh that henry was made himself as a bit of hypocrite here, when his opinion was that john connelly didn't have the right to have an opinion, which is hypocritical. suggests he is not on the same wave length as the rest of us imo. smell of arrogance as well

tbh, rugby is very boring at the moment. the new air new zealand cup had potential, but then they had to make 2 pools of 7, which was pretty stupid. needless to say, when we reach the 'super 6', i expect that atmosphere to reach unprecedented levels. the big 5 unions have too much power, and i don't think that enough is being down to counter this.

new zealand should try to become good a sport that actually matters, like football imo.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
nibbs said:
at rugby games basically i get a distinct feeling that most fans were expecting a try to be scored.
What else do you think they are there to see?

I love the new haka. I can't believe the fuss really. Rugby's a fairly violent contact sport, where's the harm in standing up and telling the opposition you're going to tear them to pieces?

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Stop watching then, nibbs. Rugby doesn't need supporters like you. Maybe there's a sport that unicorns play.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
most rugby fans are arrogant too imo. at rugby games basically i get a distinct feeling that most fans were expecting a try to be scored. this arrogance is created by the nz media imo. the media in new zealand often seem absolutely desperate to rant and rave about the all blacks, perhaps in a desperate attempt to get attention. i don't see the turn on in a 70 point thrashing of a pacific nation side, but the media absolutely thrive in such circumstances. players like doug howlett, who's 1 skill is being able to run fast, are billed as the world's best winger as he out runs overweight islanders, only for him to found out when he soundly finds he can't run around wingers who can match him for speed.

the new haka is crap, simply. as far as entertainment value goes, its a borefest. maybe opposition teams should take lead from the south american basketballers and just continue warming up when the haka is performed.

the current coach is about as smugger coach i think we have ever encountered. perhaps an example of his arrogance was he outburst at john connelly for having an opinion on the haka. i think tbh that henry was made himself as a bit of hypocrite here, when his opinion was that john connelly didn't have the right to have an opinion, which is hypocritical. suggests he is not on the same wave length as the rest of us imo. smell of arrogance as well

tbh, rugby is very boring at the moment. the new air new zealand cup had potential, but then they had to make 2 pools of 7, which was pretty stupid. needless to say, when we reach the 'super 6', i expect that atmosphere to reach unprecedented levels. the big 5 unions have too much power, and i don't think that enough is being down to counter this.

new zealand should try to become good a sport that actually matters, like football imo.
heh kurt.. let some of the positive writing energy onto marketing planning.