• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Snooker

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Practice matches going on across the land. Public table open in Vegas for anyone who needs to sharpen their skills.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Latest practice match reports coming in suggest Andy beating Stedman in a close contest, and Fuller scrapping out a low-standard win against the rusty seeded West Australian, Borcich.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Around the tables - thanks to Campbells Chunky Soup

Two of the eight seeds, burpey and borcich, met each other in a fiery practice match with burpey scraping over the line in an extraodinary comeback. This should hold him in good stead for the 2nd round.

These updates are brought to you by Campbells Chunky Soup

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Other matches saw early bookies favourite Murphy scrape over the line with a polished effort against a skillful Hakon. A late charge from Norway's Finest rose a bit of a sweat from the current Biglands holder, but he held his nerve.

Fuller defeated newcomer Jamee as he sought some pre-tournament form.

And in early match viewing, it appears that third seed Demeza has the edge over Stedman, with a 23-3 lead.

Stay tuned for further updates from the CCRBT warmups.

benchmark00

Another blockbuster taking place at the moment is Borcich vs Bennett. As expected it's a great contest thus far, Borcich holding the edge 36-34.

benchmark00

Update

The Borcich-Bennett affair was one of the best games of snooker one could hope for, with the two seeds exchanging blows, the lead changing several times, but it was finally borcich who sunk the black and won 56-48.

In the other match, Demeza looks to be in fine touch, smashing youngster James Stedman 89-7 in a practice match.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
FaaipDeOiad said:
Other matches saw early bookies favourite Murphy scrape over the line with a polished effort against a skillful Hakon. A late charge from Norway's Finest rose a bit of a sweat from the current Biglands holder, but he held his nerve.

Fuller defeated newcomer Jamee as he sought some pre-tournament form.

And in early match viewing, it appears that third seed Demeza has the edge over Stedman, with a 23-3 lead.

Stay tuned for further updates from the CCRBT warmups.
Rumour firmly states that n00b Stedman was finally finished off by the third seeded Demeza by a scoreline of 89-7.

Confirmation pending.....

Edit: confirmation made, see above :( sux.

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Barney Rubble said:
The site is telling me I can't connect to the server or something....this is annoying me. Any suggestions?
If you're using Uni internet, i think the firewall is at fault.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Now we bring you the latest betting trends and bookie feelings for the CCRBT, courtesy once again of Campbell's Chunky Soup.

The form guide that is the warmup matches certainly seems to suggest that Murphy and Demeza are the men to watch. Both put in high quality performances and generally outclassed their opposition, and will have firmed in the betting accordingly. Fuller has won both his warmups, albeit with less class, and as a former Biglands title holder he will remain near the top also.

Below those three, Bennett seems to be a serious challenger for the title, while Borcich has shown unpredictable form so far, and will be one to watch for an upset win at some stage. Edmunds has yet to take the table, while it difficult to read much into the results of the other seeds, Hakon and Burpey.

Outside of the seeded players, the most active in pre-tournament practice have been Jamee and Stedman, both of whom have been consistently beaten by seeded opposition, but have shown some improvement. Of the non-seeded players, Jamee seems the most likely to give a challenge in the second round.

Odds
Murphy - 3/1
Fuller - 9/2
Demeza - 7/1
Bennett - 13/1
Borcich - 15/1
Hakon - 20/1
Burpey - 20/1
Edmunds - 25/1
Jamee - 45/1
Stedman - 60/1
Andy - 66/1

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
FaaipDeOiad said:
Odds
Murphy - 3/1
Fuller - 9/2
Demeza - 7/1
Bennett - 13/1
Borcich - 15/1
Hakon - 20/1
Burpey - 20/1
Edmunds - 25/1
Jamee - 45/1
Stedman - 60/1
Andy - 66/1
Gutted. Apparently i don't stand a chance. :mellow:

Barney Rubble

International Coach
Matteh said:
If you're using Uni internet, i think the firewall is at fault.
I've turned mine off, so that I can connect to our inter-halls filesharing network...it shouldn't be the firewall that's stopping me. I tried turning my antivirus stuff off as well, that didn't help. :dry: