• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

First Indian Formula One Driver

Sehwag309

Banned
masterblaster said:
India should fix up the mess they're in at the moment and control more important issues such as national wide poverty, corruption, pollution and incompetence amongst the Government and in government services.

The re-building of infrastructure and the massive overhaul of current political and social community standards and values is desperately needed. I've just been there, so I can see what needs to be fixed up.

F1 is just a pipe dream at this stage. After this guy I doubt if there will be another F1 driver coming out of India. It requires far too much money, and I think India as a country need to get their priorities sorted out.
...World doesnt stop working when there are problems elsewhere

Same with India, sitting in Australian Arm -Chair, its easy to give opinions and such

Loved the reply once when former PM Narsimha rao went to Singapore, a NRI asked some questions...he was told "BE INDIAN 1ST"

Some blokle is doing good up there in F1, we should encourage 'em instead of putting other national problems in front...thats what most NRI's are good for, dont live in the country but have plenty of free time to give advices

Dont mind :happy:

Last edited:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Sehwag309 said:
..uv'e actually seen him?

,..and u judged him with **whatever** 1 race? really?
Pretty much the entire season - think it was around 99/2000/01, don't remember clearly. Channel 4 showed comprehensive highlights of the F3 season that year, which was dominated by the Anthony Davidson/Takuma Sato combination at Carlin (yes, the same guy involved with Midland-Jordan).

Karthikeyan was no better than upper-midfield. He managed a few podiums, but so did a lot of other drivers. Mark my words, he's going to do little more in F1 than Giorgio Pantano did last season.

V Reddy

International Debutant
masterblaster said:
F1 is just a pipe dream at this stage. After this guy I doubt if there will be another F1 driver coming out of India. It requires far too much money, and I think India as a country need to get their priorities sorted out.
I think if there is ever a boom time in Indian Sports then this is the time. Actually almost everyone had given up on Karthikeyan as he is already 28 and not many have great expectations on him either but i hope he atleast beats whoever is his teammate and has a few point scoring finishes. The next racer who is touted and imo will make it to F1 is Karun who is racing in Telefonica World Series and had one T5 finish already in the 4 races. He is only 20 yr old and so you can expect him to make the grade specially with F1 getting interested in India