• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

your best bowling/batting

Sir Redman

State Vice-Captain
cricket player said:
one down and i went to bat.I did not hit the ball hard i was more ken taking singele's rather then hitting fours my and my best friend put a good partnership of 85 and i was out making 40 runs.
Considering you spend all your time raving about your incredible talent, a score of 40 should not be something to brag about.

Kweek

Cricketer Of The Year
Best Batting: 32* in a flash, i remember that when i came in my partner was at 35 (we had to make about 50 to win) and when we won the game(both stayed in) i was at 32* and he was at 49* :P
best shot: hmm i think my 4 on the 1st field(enormous field) and this was 2 years back(not much strenght) and through the covers...wam 4...such a good feeling :)

Best ball: i think thats the over where i discoverd that going spinning around the wicket works great...2 wickets in that over. was great. although when i had training yesterday i almost got our overseas coach LBW :- )
but it wasnt out because it swung to much(i was bowling pace)
Best Bowling overall: 5/8 in 4.4 that was fun. they were like 150/5 and i took 5 wickets in 4 overs... :- ) that was soo cool !

Tom Halsey

International Coach
My new best ball was last week - absolute peach of a googly which a) he didn't read and b) wouldn't have been much use if he could.

The ball pitched about a foot outside off, quite full, batsman goes to drive. Turns very sharply, and only just clips leg, cutting batter in half.

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
My best ball was probably nothing specials by a bowler's standards but it was good for me, I somehow got a decent amount of inswing, and it hit the batsman on his pads and it was very close to being LBW. I got him out the next ball though, when he tried to slog me out the ground, a very rare wicket for me. My best batting was probably the 65* I got in a 25-over match last year, it's not my highest score but we lost a few early wickets and it was an anchoring innings as I guided us to a 3-wicket victory.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
Best batting: 53* off about 45 balls in Dunedin second grade cricket.
Best bowling: Either 6/21 off 10 overs in Dunedin second grade cricket, or 5/6 off 8 overs in Mid Canterbury cricket.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Best batting: Although my 65* is my only half century to date it it won us the match it wasn't actually a good innings. The prize would probably go to my 20* off 28 balling down the order in a one-dayer to win us the game in a chase where no other batsman could lay bat on ball

Best bowling: Last year we were all fuming because we lost the first innings by 5 runs because of disgraceful umpiring. There was only about 10 overs left in the match so I thought of giving them a bit of chin music but decided just to try and get a consolation wicket. It was quick, swung away and the batsman was late on the defense as the ball crashed into the top of off. The batsman came off the ground yelling "I DON'T F**KING CARE ABOUT MY AVERAGE ANYMORE"

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
James90 said:
Best batting: Although my 65* is my only half century to date it it won us the match it wasn't actually a good innings. The prize would probably go to my 20* off 28 balling down the order in a one-dayer to win us the game in a chase where no other batsman could lay bat on ball

Best bowling: Last year we were all fuming because we lost the first innings by 5 runs because of disgraceful umpiring. There was only about 10 overs left in the match so I thought of giving them a bit of chin music but decided just to try and get a consolation wicket. It was quick, swung away and the batsman was late on the defense as the ball crashed into the top of off. The batsman came off the ground yelling "I DON'T F**KING CARE ABOUT MY AVERAGE ANYMORE"
Gee anger management issues there.

Best Batting: 70* off 50 balls in Brisbane 4th grade

Bowling 5/3 off 3.2 overs for school 1st XI

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
6 wkts for 9 runs in a non-competitive game and on another occasion four wickets in the first four balls of the match which included three batsmen who played first class cricket in a limited over tournament !

128 not out in a 40 over match. One never came to know the number of balls faced in those days.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
My best bowling is 8/35.. that was a magical day.

Lord Good to see you back man
Thats some tight figures blaze.. 2day or limited overs? how many overs did u demolish them in neway?

good to see you too mayn and everyone else and the new fellas..

Blaze

Banned
lord_of_darkness said:
Thats some tight figures blaze.. 2day or limited overs? how many overs did u demolish them in neway?

good to see you too mayn and everyone else and the new fellas..

Haha it was a 2dayer.. they were about 120 without loss when I came back for my second spell and proceeded to take the first 7 wickets and then the ninth wicket. We bowled them out for under 200

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
reminds me of last season when top ranked team we played were 141-0 and then in our fast bowler's 2nd spell he got a break through and got another wicket, and then i got 3 wickets quickly, then the collapse started.. earlier at drinks our whole team thought that 350 was easily on the cards because they had a killer batting lineup with depth .. but we bowled em out for about 231