• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pro Evolution Soccer 4

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Anyone else played it yet?

Just thought I'd share one of the most incredible matches I've seen on it with y'all. I'm playing (very badly) as Dortmund against Bayern Munich, and am 4-0 down after 80 "minutes" of a 5 minute each way game (i.e. there's about 65 seconds plus stoppages left), having already lost 3-0 once.

In the 83rd, I finally get a break in the Bayern box and square it for Jan Koller, who rolls it into the empty net. Very soon after, Ewerthon gets pushed to the floor around 35 yards out, and Tomas Rosicky curls the ball into the area where Christopher Metzelder throws himself at the ball to make it 4-2.

At this point, I got a little of what I could call the "Browne-Bradshaw" feeling, and three game minutes later, Rosicky hits one from just outside the area, which the keeper can only parry to Ewerthon, who grabs the ball out of the back of the net almost the instant it hits and returns to the centre circle.

By this time Bayern are desperately trying to keep it out of their half, but a few swift passes later, Koller is one-on-one, but the keeper saves it and it rolls to Odonkor on the left hand edge of the box, who, with the last kick of the game, strikes it first time as it sneaks in at the near post, as I leave the sofa in excitement.

Football, eh?

Cloete

International Captain
lol nice Neil. I want it on PS2, PES 3 has givenme many a delight. Managed to win everything with Real Madrid on the Master eague (So I didn't start with a team of superstars :p). The training youth players was occasionally a bit unrealistic though lol. I trained the best player in the world, fastest player, best shooter, best passer, best defending stats for a striker. He was awesome... well still is!

nibbs

International Captain
still playing my master league...in season 4 atm. i'm hoping to win the master cup this season