• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Bonus Points

Slim 47

Cricket Spectator
There was me getting all excited about Malinga taking all those wickets today, when it occurred to me you get no extra bonus points for a hat-trick.:@
Also, I think a batsmen should get more bonus points if his strike rate is over 120 or 150 etc..etc...not just if it's over 100.

xanderbiscuits

U19 12th Man
Hat tricks are so rare so what sort of points would be awarded for them?

10? but this is not really fair since they are not on par with getting a hundred or a 5 wicket haul.

50? This would suit the rareity of them happening, but I think that this is also unfair since just one thing having such a large effect on points (Imagine this with a captain!)

So I think that there is no real fair number of points for it since it is not a frequent occurence in games. It would be like awarding bonus points for getting 6 sixes or for a world record. There are many amazing things people can do but we cannot quantify them all with points.

And for the scoring rates I think that getting a strike rate of 100+ means that you are very fast in a 50 overs game, and so should get the maximum bonus points. If you notice in the twenty20 games there are further points for better strike rates since in this format 100S/R is not so impressive.

(And this is not just sour grapes, because I have Malinga too!!)

Rich2001

International Captain
There was me getting all excited about Malinga taking all those wickets today, when it occurred to me you get no extra bonus points for a hat-trick.:@
Also, I think a batsmen should get more bonus points if his strike rate is over 120 or 150 etc..etc...not just if it's over 100.
I guess it's a case of where do you stop and how complicated you want the scoring system really, before the World Cup started I actually suggested to James that we re-work the system to make it more streamlined/simple to work out eg the point per run etc and decided to wait.

But if we do streamline it a bit at the next software update we can certianly add more bonus scoring areas.