• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW XI Best Individual Performance (Test Bat)

Best Test innings

• Cloete 227 vs South Africa at Bloemfontein

Votes: 9 45.0%
  • Cloete 152* vs England at Taunton

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Eclipse 119* vs Australia at the MCG

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Cloete 240 vs Sri Lanka at Kandy

Votes: 10 50.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cloete 227 vs South Africa at Bloemfontein
2nd Test
Down 1-0 in the CW XI's first ever Test series, a 3-Test affair, Cloete stood up to the likes of Pollock, Ntini, Elworthy, Kallis and Boje to hit 33 boundaries and 6 sixes in 227 runs from 400 balls. The innings came in a total of 428, with the next highest score being 44. The CW XI won that Test and levelled the series.

Cloete 152* vs England at Taunton
3rd Tes
Down 2-0 in a 5-Test series to England, Cloete starred yet again. A breathtaking 152 not out came from just 197 balls with 31 fours and a six, as Hoggard, Anderson, Harmison, Flintoff and Giles had no answer to him. The CW XI won the game by 203 runs to get back into the series.

Eclipse 119* vs Australia at the MCG
2nd Test
Having lost the first Test convincly against Australia, the CW XI looked to bounce back in the second with some sort of moral booster. A Cloete first innings century set the match on it's way for a draw, but after Australia racked up 326/2 dec. in 81.1 overs, the CW XI were left needing to bat for 50 and score 366 runs for victory. The bowlers were Gillespie, Lee, Bichel and MacGill and Eclipse stood up and played an unbelievable 119 not out from just 101 balls. His century came from just 85 balls and he hit 27 boundaries in total. The game was drawn.

Cloete 240 vs Sri Lanka at Kandy
3rd Test
Facing a 1-0 scoreline entering the 3rd Test of 4-Test match, the CW XI surrendered a 173-run first innings lead to the hosts Sri Lanka. Still with some 174 overs left in the match, Murali primed and Vaas coming off 6/55 in the first innings, a stand-up sort of innings was needed. Once more it would be Cloete to provide that innings, batting for over 6 hours and facing 306 balls, he scored 240 with 45 fours and 2 sixes. Muralitharan went on to take 6/139 in the innings, but never really trouble Cloete and he took the attack to the champion offspinner. The game was drawn.

PY

International Coach
Cloete's 227 for me as it was a winning effort and it was close to being a solo effort as next highest score was 44.

Cloete

International Captain
Yep I agree as well. I remember the good old days. I think we got slaughtered in the first test. HAving just started teh CWXI no-one was really any good. But My batting really did stand out that game, and the bowlers did a brilliant job to win us the game as well. We didn't know how well we would do in teh CWXI until that game. It really proved to everyone that we can do it. And I guess I was just theere at the right time and happeend to hit some runs which probably won the match.

Status
Not open for further replies.