• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Club Cricket 8-9 Signup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cloete

International Captain
Mister Wright said:
Fully fit, Love would play ahead of Perren.
I'm not sure though. Perren is our third best OD batsman behind Symonds and Maher.

Code:
class	 mat	 inns	 no	 runs	 hs	 ave	 100	 50	 ct	 st
List A	  64	  57	  12	  1733	  117	  38.51	  1	  13	  20	  0
He had a pretty bad time of thigns last season which brought his average down below 40. But I'd still say he's our 3rd best.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
age_master said:
If i were a queesnland selector i would pick Perren ahead of Maher too.
Of course you would you're from N.S.W. :p

Anyone in their right mind would never select any batsman ahead of Maher, he is easily the best one day domestic batsman of the last 5 years.

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Cloete said:
I'm not sure though. Perren is our third best OD batsman behind Symonds and Maher.

Code:
class	 mat	 inns	 no	 runs	 hs	 ave	 100	 50	 ct	 st
List A	  64	  57	  12	  1733	  117	  38.51	  1	  13	  20	  0
He had a pretty bad time of thigns last season which brought his average down below 40. But I'd still say he's our 3rd best.
I disagree. You only have to look at the selectors persistance with Love in the Pura Cup this season, he was having a shocker, but the kept him in the side. We only have to go back 3 seasons to see that love made 3 or 4 centuries in the ING Cup season, and he made a fair few runs last season aswell. If Qld was at full strength Love will always get picked ahead of Perren. The only reason he wasn't selected as frequently in the one day side this season was because he was coming back from a broken thumb and Qld were on a winning streak.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Mister Wright said:

Anyone in their right mind would never select any batsman ahead of Maher, he is easily the best one day domestic batsman of the last 5 years.
Took the words right out of my mouth!

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain
Name: CP Thompson
Club: Marabella Maroons, Toca Flahses or Amstel
Email:steady_neddy_28@hotmail.com
Intentions: to work harder on my game and become a regular starter for cricketweb black and turn myself into a matchwinner. and hopefully bring home a cup to one of these teams

age_master

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:

meh meant instead of Love.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Mister Wright said:
Well, considering Love is a much, much more classier player than Perren and has a much better record it really is a no contest.
I would pick Love just over Perran, but it is a lot closer then you think. Perran averages 38 in List A and Love averages 32. But you would probably go for Love on the back of his slips fielding. Also those averages show that Perran has a much better record, not the other way around. The only thing Love beats Perran, in terms of their records is centuries, but that cus Perran bats lower and has less chances to score hundreds.

dinu23

International Debutant
Right arm fast said:
Name: CP Thompson
Club: Marabella Maroons, Toca Flahses or Amstel
Email:steady_neddy_28@hotmail.com
Intentions: to work harder on my game and become a regular starter for cricketweb black and turn myself into a matchwinner. and hopefully bring home a cup to one of these teams
hey another player for Toco Flashes.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Callum, none of your choices are viable. Here's what's needed.

Toco Flashes
1 player: 1 spinner

Mayaro Medusas
1 player: 1 spinner

New York
1 player: 1 pace bowler

Indiana
2 players: 1 pace bowler

Hermes DVS
1 player: 1 batsman

Right arm fast

State Vice-Captain