• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Breaking News* Grade Cricket to count!

Matteh

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not fussed about who helps out, but they need to be reliable more than anything.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Might be a good time to announce i wont be playing Grade Cricket next season, might help some Dev League batsmen score some runs in Grade Cricket.

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
Wow...I'm not a fan of this. I think it will have too much of an effect on simming stats and it shouldn't. The concept is good but the +150 runs in grade counts as three increases to your simming average? The simming average generally works on the batsman's average after a certain period of time right? 30 innings or something? Well a score of 150 in the Dev League wouldn't even increase your average by three runs after that much cricket.

David

International 12th Man
Campos/Håkon,
I need the simming stats for both FC & OD for all players. Then I can rack up a schedule, then we'll got from there. OD will be in grade this season.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Wow...I'm not a fan of this. I think it will have too much of an effect on simming stats and it shouldn't. The concept is good but the +150 runs in grade counts as three increases to your simming average? The simming average generally works on the batsman's average after a certain period of time right? 30 innings or something? Well a score of 150 in the Dev League wouldn't even increase your average by three runs after that much cricket.
The simming average is a batsman's average, plus experience points and a general adjustment. A 3-point gain in simming average may cause a 3-to-5-run increase in season batting average, but that's really unlikely to change the career average by more than 1 point after an entire season. You're not looking at the big picture. Worth noting that these are essentially form ratings and will almost undoubtedly fluctuate up and down throughout the season. Players will lose and gain form points throughout the season, regardless of whether they play Grade or not.

These are temporary adjustments. Players are all reviewed and the simming averages at the start of the season are adjusted based on the overall season performance.

Last edited:

James90

Cricketer Of The Year
The simming average is a batsman's average, plus experience points and a general adjustment. A 3-point gain in simming average may cause a 3-to-5-run increase in season batting average, but that's really unlikely to change the career average by more than 1 point after an entire season. You're not looking at the big picture. Worth noting that these are essentially form ratings and will almost undoubtedly fluctuate up and down throughout the season. Players will lose and gain form points throughout the season, regardless of whether they play Grade or not.

These are temporary adjustments. Players are all reviewed and the simming averages at the start of the season are adjusted based on the overall season performance.
So say someone's average is 35 at the start of the season. Will their average throughout the season therefore be 35 plus/minus points accumulated in the last 6 grade matches? Say over the course of 6 matches they earn three points then their simming average is 38 (indication of form).

They get dropped from the Dev League and play another 6 grade games. These six games earn him/her one run increase to the simming average. Their simming average would therefore be 35+1=36 rather than 38+1=39?

Mr Mxyzptlk

So say someone's average is 35 at the start of the season. Will their average throughout the season therefore be 35 plus/minus points accumulated in the last 6 grade matches? Say over the course of 6 matches they earn three points then their simming average is 38 (indication of form).

They get dropped from the Dev League and play another 6 grade games. These six games earn him/her one run increase to the simming average. Their simming average would therefore be 35+1=36 rather than 38+1=39?
No, the maximum increase you can get from Grade is 3 points. Therefore if you average 35 at the start, the most you can benefit from Grade would be an increase to 38. There will be form adjustments additional to this, however, as we've decided to disable in-game player morale in ITC and HODI, as it plays too much on performances. Those form adjustments will be capped too.

Travis_Teh

International Regular
No, the maximum increase you can get from Grade is 3 points. Therefore if you average 35 at the start, the most you can benefit from Grade would be an increase to 38. There will be form adjustments additional to this, however, as we've decided to disable in-game player morale in ITC and HODI, as it plays too much on performances. Those form adjustments will be capped too.
I like the sound of disabling the morale ... that DOES play a major factor. Too much, really.

Love your work, Camps.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Can we play on some decent pitches this year? Last season IIRC we played on mine fields and the bowlers dominated, with batsman rarely making scores.

Thoughts?

Travis_Teh

International Regular
Can we play on some decent pitches this year? Last season IIRC we played on mine fields and the bowlers dominated, with batsman rarely making scores.

Thoughts?
Says a batsmen ... ;)

Nah, they were slightly one sided. It should probably be looked into, that's for sure.

Loony BoB

International Captain
Oh, thank God morale is being disabled. I hated that. Two losses and half your players would be rock bottom for the rest of the season.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Balancing stats has already been considered. We've already tested pitches and essentially made them all flat, with slight variations to make them unique (PDV a bit quicker than the other etc.) Further to that, batting simming averages and bowling simming averages have been raised.

Still testing for one-day cricket. We realize that we went a bit too far toward assisting the bowlers in OD cricket last season, having been too far toward the batsmen the season before. This season we hope to strike a balance.

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I'm not sure Stedman realised this at first, but my understanding is that these are strictly form-related adjustments. That is, a player's simming stats will recieve a temporary boost because of grade cricket form, not a total increase of a couple of runs for every good score or an equivalent drop for a failure, which would be absurd. It's simply that a player who is dominating in grade will be in better touch for their FC fixtures, which makes perfect sense IMO.

A great idea, just one that requires some dedication from the people collecting the stats.

I'm not sure Stedman realised this at first, but my understanding is that these are strictly form-related adjustments. That is, a player's simming stats will recieve a temporary boost because of grade cricket form, not a total increase of a couple of runs for every good score or an equivalent drop for a failure, which would be absurd. It's simply that a player who is dominating in grade will be in better touch for their FC fixtures, which makes perfect sense IMO.

A great idea, just one that requires some dedication from the people collecting the stats.
Ah that's explained very well if you do it on that concept it is just going to add to the game :).

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain

Ah, was a little worried about that at first. Cheers for clearing it up.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Did this actually eventuate?

Assuming Grade cricket returns next season, I could develop a quick VB program that went through the scorecards and produced stats for each player's last six matches automatically after each match if necessary.