Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: *Breaking News* Grade Cricket to count!

International Captain Loony BoB's Avatar
    Twice quarterly works. Can I just make a suggested alteration to the rules, then...

2. For batsmen/allrounders: score of:
    a. 70-99 = 1-run gain on simming average
    b. 100-149 = 2-run gain
    c. 150+ = 3-run gain
    d. <15 = 1-run loss
    e. Not out = 1-run gain added to whatever of the above points are given/taken.
    REMEMBER: A couple of years in therapy, you'll get over it.

Proud to be a member of the CW Colts

Will Catches and run-outs effect fielding stats, this could help keepers keep up their keeping stats

International Regular
    stats .... *drool*

I'll do it.

Who is simming the grade season, Kennett solo again?
    Captain for the Blues.

Code:
    FC : 129 matches
    281 runs @ 1.76
    650 wickets @ 28.86, S/R of 41.75
    Best Bowling of 8 for 57
    39 5-wicket innings, 7 10-wicket matches.

Test : 12 matches
    8 runs @ 0.62
    68 wickets @ 27.99, S/R of 40.22
    Best Bowling of 5 for 59
    4 5-wicket innings, 0 10-wicket matches.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Kennett solo thus far, but I'm sure he'll rope some kind folks into helping him out.
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

International Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk View Post
    Kennett solo thus far, but I'm sure he'll rope some kind folks into helping him out.
    Was that a sligh hint ... ?

Banned
    We may need a schedule which takes a bit of time as it's something like 60 odd rounds isn't it?

I could help with that if you wanted Kennett?

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Matteh's Avatar
    Boredmeeting Champion!
    Not fussed about who helps out, but they need to be reliable more than anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by cpr View Post
    3. Although Cow Tipping is a hilarious student game in backwater towns such as Bangor, there really is no need for Mitchell to cover one side of the cow in superglue

Hall of Fame Member chaminda_00's Avatar
    Might be a good time to announce i wont be playing Grade Cricket next season, might help some Dev League batsmen score some runs in Grade Cricket.
    The man, the mountain, the Mathews. The greatest all rounder since Keith Miller. (Y)

Jaffna Jets CC (Battrick & FTP)

RIP WCC and CW Cricket

Member of the MSC, JMAS and CVAAS

Wow...I'm not a fan of this. I think it will have too much of an effect on simming stats and it shouldn't. The concept is good but the +150 runs in grade counts as three increases to your simming average? The simming average generally works on the batsman's average after a certain period of time right? 30 innings or something? Well a score of 150 in the Dev League wouldn't even increase your average by three runs after that much cricket.
    Stedders' Supported XI (in batting order)
    NJ Kruger, *SM Katich, LA Carseldine, MEK Hussey, Mohammad Ashraful, NT Broom, AA Noffke, +Mushfiqur Rahim, Mashrafe Mortaza, DE Bollinger, WAP Mendis.

CricketWeb Black!!!

Quote Originally Posted by NUFAN View Post
    I think Ponting forgot to take his Swiss Ulti-Vites when he was on 99 not out.
    RIP Fardin.

Campos/Håkon,
    I need the simming stats for both FC & OD for all players. Then I can rack up a schedule, then we'll got from there. OD will be in grade this season.
    Signatures are like a box of chocolates. You never know what you're going to get.
    Cricket Web Red
    FC:
    263 Matches. 1830 Runs @ 7.66. HS: 57*. 92 Ducks. 170 Catches
    1107 Wickets @ 26.91 . BB 7/38
    First CW player to reach 500, 600, 700, 800, 900, 1000, 1100 FC wickets

hmm i'm sort of agreeing with Stedman here.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jono View Post
    Mitch Johnson is ****ing awesome for cricket.
    Quote Originally Posted by pasag View Post
    Ponting's ability to ton up in the first innings of a series should not be understated. So much pressure, so important. What a great!

Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    Wow...I'm not a fan of this. I think it will have too much of an effect on simming stats and it shouldn't. The concept is good but the +150 runs in grade counts as three increases to your simming average? The simming average generally works on the batsman's average after a certain period of time right? 30 innings or something? Well a score of 150 in the Dev League wouldn't even increase your average by three runs after that much cricket.
    The simming average is a batsman's average, plus experience points and a general adjustment. A 3-point gain in simming average may cause a 3-to-5-run increase in season batting average, but that's really unlikely to change the career average by more than 1 point after an entire season. You're not looking at the big picture. Worth noting that these are essentially form ratings and will almost undoubtedly fluctuate up and down throughout the season. Players will lose and gain form points throughout the season, regardless of whether they play Grade or not.

These are temporary adjustments. Players are all reviewed and the simming averages at the start of the season are adjusted based on the overall season performance.
    Last edited by Mr Mxyzptlk; 14-04-2007 at 01:52 AM.

The simming average is a batsman's average, plus experience points and a general adjustment. A 3-point gain in simming average may cause a 3-to-5-run increase in season batting average, but that's really unlikely to change the career average by more than 1 point after an entire season. You're not looking at the big picture. Worth noting that these are essentially form ratings and will almost undoubtedly fluctuate up and down throughout the season. Players will lose and gain form points throughout the season, regardless of whether they play Grade or not.

These are temporary adjustments. Players are all reviewed and the simming averages at the start of the season are adjusted based on the overall season performance.
    So say someone's average is 35 at the start of the season. Will their average throughout the season therefore be 35 plus/minus points accumulated in the last 6 grade matches? Say over the course of 6 matches they earn three points then their simming average is 38 (indication of form).

They get dropped from the Dev League and play another 6 grade games. These six games earn him/her one run increase to the simming average. Their simming average would therefore be 35+1=36 rather than 38+1=39?

Quote Originally Posted by James90 View Post
    So say someone's average is 35 at the start of the season. Will their average throughout the season therefore be 35 plus/minus points accumulated in the last 6 grade matches? Say over the course of 6 matches they earn three points then their simming average is 38 (indication of form).

They get dropped from the Dev League and play another 6 grade games. These six games earn him/her one run increase to the simming average. Their simming average would therefore be 35+1=36 rather than 38+1=39?
    No, the maximum increase you can get from Grade is 3 points. Therefore if you average 35 at the start, the most you can benefit from Grade would be an increase to 38. There will be form adjustments additional to this, however, as we've decided to disable in-game player morale in ITC and HODI, as it plays too much on performances. Those form adjustments will be capped too.

International Regular
    No, the maximum increase you can get from Grade is 3 points. Therefore if you average 35 at the start, the most you can benefit from Grade would be an increase to 38. There will be form adjustments additional to this, however, as we've decided to disable in-game player morale in ITC and HODI, as it plays too much on performances. Those form adjustments will be capped too.
    I like the sound of disabling the morale ... that DOES play a major factor. Too much, really.

Love your work, Camps.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information