• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Red Thread

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
CW Red vs CW Blue - FC May 31 - CW Oval

H. Mørk - 6/10 - Good First Innings to set up a reasonable innings total whilst others failed. Game fell away after that, only 2 in the 2nd innings, and some untidy keeping

G.K.K. Dobson - 5/10 - Should've taken advantage of a good start in the 1st innings, and got the team off to a good start in the 2nd with a deserved and gritty half century

A. Sharma - 1/10 - 6 runs in 2 innings, need not say anymore

D.A. Kearsley - 3/10 - Part of a dire collapse in the 1st innings, started well, and got the innings back on track in the 2nd, really should have gone on with it, but left the side in a precarious position instead

Z.J. Ritchie - 2/10 - Needed to stay in with Mørk in the 1st innings after getting the start, need not say anything about the 2nd innings

M.J. Robbins - 8/10 - Brilliant batting under pressure in the 2nd Dig to get the team back in a winning position when 200 looked a mile away. Economical bowling, and really gave the team a chance by dismissing Ullungura in the 2nd innings.

M. Reddlapalli - 4/10 - Poor batting display, did the job with the ball though, getting Pete in the 2nd innings provided the team with a sniff.

C.R. Dwyer - 9/10 - Awesome batting display in both innings. Stayed around in the 1st innings to get the team up close to 300, and then quite simply turned the game on it's head in the clutch, and swung it back in Reds favour in the 2nd. Solid with ball

C.P. Thompson - 7/10 - Breathtaking 2nd innings century to put the team into a winning situation, and give the bowlers time to take 10 wickets. Unfortunately whilst solid, bowling wasn't spectacular, needed to do more with the ball as the 2nd seamer

S.A. Bennett - 5.5/10 - Toiled away with the ball on a dead pitch, kept it tight. Did what was required with the bat in both innings holding up 1 end.

D.M. Kennett - 7/10 - Fantastic 1st innings of bowling to give the team a handy lead going into the 2nd dig. Tried hard in the 2nd, but was unable to produce the goods a 2nd time around, desperately missed another strike seamer to share the workload.

P.S - Please let me know if you think i'm being to harsh/soft :)

Johnners

CW Red vs CW Black - 31st June - OD

MD Luff - 7/10 - Another good innings with the bat to get the team over 200, but sadly it was pretty much a lone hand

GKK Dobson - 1/10 - 4 Runs isn't enough

SA Bennett - 7/10 - Solid 41 up the order, and was the teams best bowler whilst trying to defend a low target

DA Kearsley - 3/10 - 17 Won't cut it, the teams needs someone to stand up in the middle order and be counted

H Mørk - 3/10 - See above...and since when do you hit 6's :blink:

MJ Robbins - 5/10 - Needed runs, expensive with the ball despite picking up 2 important wickets

CR Dwyer - 1/10 - just 3 runs...need not say anymore

M Reddlapalli - 5/10 - Good innings under pressure to get the batting back on track. Poor bowling though

DM Kennett - 4/10 - Hung around to ensure all 50 overs were used for batting. Horrible opening 2/3 overs with the ball when a tight spell was needed, as were early wickets. Kept it reasonably tight after that, but didn't look threatening

MU Amir - 4/10 - See above

SV Raghav - 4/10 - Didn't really threaten the opposing batsmen, reasonably expensive to boot.

David

International 12th Man
Tbh, in some respects, I think you're too harsh on the batsmen who fail, because everyone can get a bad decision, or be beaten by an absolute gem of a ball. Sure a golden or the like isn't going to get you any praise, but check the fielding etc. as well. That said I haven't checked the fielding at all & don't want to be lumped with the ratings job, however I just feel that saying 3 runs isn't enough, just isn't enough, if you catch my drift? I do appreciate though that it's a lot harder to evaluate a batsman who fails, just seeing if I can add some constructive criticism.
Cheers.

Johnners

Tbh, in some respects, I think you're too harsh on the batsmen who fail, because everyone can get a bad decision, or be beaten by an absolute gem of a ball. Sure a golden or the like isn't going to get you any praise, but check the fielding etc. as well. That said I haven't checked the fielding at all & don't want to be lumped with the ratings job, however I just feel that saying 3 runs isn't enough, just isn't enough, if you catch my drift? I do appreciate though that it's a lot harder to evaluate a batsman who fails, just seeing if I can add some constructive criticism.
Cheers.
Guess it's my bowlers bias coming through :ph34r:

Hehe, nah, thanks, i see what you're saying, and will try and find an extra rating or 2 were possible :)

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
I don't know, but i got one two :(. Lucky stedders and Kenny got us home, two wonderful tons there. Dissapointed to miss out. Could be the end of my run in the Reds team tbh.

Great win in the OD game, just gotta keep it goin as we are a real shot for final appearances in both forms.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Well played guys. Now to beat Black on Tuesday (we're yet to lose to them this season, why start now?) and the title is there for the taking.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Top notch win there lads. Sadly the middle order was a bit rusty again but i think dwyer will only improve at number 4 so maybe stick with it? Nayak your a beast!