• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Season 5 Buildup - by popular demand

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
I am happy I could contribute to the team on debut :) I took 4 wickets in the first inning which was matched only by Blessing Mahwire but my economy was half which reflects the batsmen had trouble playin gme but were out taking chances against Mahwire.

Also, in the second inning, Mahwire did come out a cropper :D

I expected to bat higher in the batting but I guess young players get bullied around while batting. Even Jayasuriya batted very low down when he started off for Sri Lanka :D:D

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
liam ill manage cw a averages if you like.. to ease of some pressure.

good to see the squads settled.. hopefully the players will settle in with the new players !

and congrats to marc on getting appointed captain for another season he did a superb job in season 4 and rightfully deserves to carry on!

Season 5 to get fully underway soon no doubt.. some of the pre season games look good of whats to be expected of the devs.. keep the hard work going !

Co-Chairman CWBCC ( Cricketweb Board of Cricket Control )
Reuben

cbuts

International Debutant
well cant complain with taht performance, 103, 83 and 2-19. cant wiat for the next match, any ideas when that will be

Mia 911

Cricket Spectator
BILLY BOWDEN FOREVER

I took a hatrick by LBW and 2 C&B, i batted 7th and made 53 runs... That was in my first game...:D

bugssy

Cricketer Of The Year
happy with my 80 odd and 3 - 0

question for the powers

if i played a pre season match in cwa, does this mean i am ineligble for the cwx1 side or tours to n/z and world cup

a pretty average start for me in my first match. the hundred was alright although the 0 in the first innings and only 1 wicket for the match is something that needs to be improved on

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
35, a duck, and a catch - solid.

I'd just like to say that collecting averages really doesn't take that long for me, and I could certainly do a fair bit of the job (as long as we're still using Syedur's simulator). Also, I'm a bit reluctant to throw 4 hours of spreadsheet construction out of the window...

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If you're willing. :D

Or you can send me the spreadsheet and I'll have a look at it. I too have a complicated spreadsheet (as Neil would know) which I used for average-keeping over the course of Season 3. So there are a couple of options, but it must be decided ASAP.

Schedule should be out within the hour.

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
If you're willing. :D

Or you can send me the spreadsheet and I'll have a look at it. I too have a complicated spreadsheet (as Neil would know) which I used for average-keeping over the course of Season 3. So there are a couple of options, but it must be decided ASAP.

Schedule should be out within the hour.
Well, honestly, it was the stats-keeping which got me on the selection panel in the first place, and as I have little other things that keep my interest in the Dev League (my results are very likely to stay this poor), so I have no problems with keeping statistics.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nope it's not too late. Submit an application and I'll add you to the squad. I can't guarantee you'll get playing time right away though.

Last edited:

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Yep thats no worries.

I'm not quiet sure where to post the application. ( newbie here. ) So i'll just leave it here...

Name: Dave
Handedness (LHB/RHB):RHB
Keeper? No
Bowling (OS/LS/LAS/Chinaman/F/FM/MF/M): FM/MF
General Batting position (1-11): 6-8

Batting Avge: 17.5
Bowling Avge: 16.33
RPO: 2.12

Thanks alot.

Dave

PY

International Coach
Welcome to CW Hitman. :)

They are usually put in the thread just above this one (Development League) I think but I can't see a problem with leaving it here. Liam (Mr M) will move it if required.

Good Luck and hope to see you achieving success in the Development League.

Last edited:

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Thanks for the welcome PW.

Yeah i'm more of a bowling all rounder. Just coming back from a broken hand though, so last few games both aspects of my game have been shocking. But they are coming good again.

Ohwell, look forward to getting a game in the Cricket Web team.
:)