• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trade

PY

International Coach
Pickup lays down the law as he realises his only decent batsmen wants out.....:p

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Red are currently in pole position in the chase.

Prospective trade is JE Stedman & JR Gray for KD Luff and DA Kearsley.

Last edited:

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Why should you get someone in exchange for Kearsley when we got no one in exchange for Borcich? It's pretty much an identical set of circumstances. If he does decide to come to Red, I don't see why we should have to give anyone in return considering we got no compensation for Borcich (and this could even be considered that).

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
Why should you get someone in exchange for Kearsley when we got no one in exchange for Borcich? It's pretty much an identical set of circumstances. If he does decide to come to Red, I don't see why we should have to give anyone in return considering we got no compensation for Borcich (and this could even be considered that).
That what i was thinking, a bit of double standards, if someone wants out they should be able to leave, regardless of whether a captain wants something in exchange.

Last edited:

Magrat Garlick

Global Moderator
PY said:
Was Borcich released though?

If not, Bobby Davro has a point.
It is a bit different because the official contracts hadn't been released when Borcich opted out. If people move between seasons then there's always the opportunity for people to sort something out with the allocation of rookies and whatnot, or even move players around before the season. But if two or three people move mid-season then suddenly a squad can be very strained and there's nothing we really can do about it.

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
chaminda_00 said:
That what i was thinking, a bit of double standards, if someone wants out they should be able to leave, regardless of whether a captain wants something in exchange.
Borcich was before squad announcements. Kearsley is after - there's the difference.

Loony BoB

International Captain
On another note, is Kearsley happy to go to Reds? I think it would defeat the purpose if he left to go to another team he isn't happy at. Sorry, just not sure as he hasn't said anything towards approving the Reds move yet.