• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Black Thread

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
If we beat Blue i think we are garentted a final spot. And if we win two that garentees top spot. But ofcourse 3 wins would be great.

As for OD, like dave said we really need to lift. Winning all the remaining games would be great, but may not happen so we really need to knuckle down and get into both finals.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Great team effort there Blacks. We really are the best team at the moment.

Lets hope we can win the 5day comp and keep pressing for the 1day comp we arent far off it.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
kears_falcon_9 said:
If we beat Blue i think we are garentted a final spot. And if we win two that garentees top spot. But ofcourse 3 wins would be great.

As for OD, like dave said we really need to lift. Winning all the remaining games would be great, but may not happen so we really need to knuckle down and get into both finals.
yep getting to both finals would be great even if i don't play.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Pitty bout the recent OD loss. Really couldve have been our game if we batted better. Sorry bout my lapse of concentration. Threw away my wicket :(

Team is looking good we just need to consolidate in the OD arena.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Well we are in the 4day final for sure.. we need to win our last 1day game and hope that red loose theirs or blue loose both of theirs.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
kears_falcon_9 said:
Well we are in the 4day final for sure.. we need to win our last 1day game and hope that red loose theirs or blue loose both of theirs.
damn, its that complicated..

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
One big selection call ahead of the 5D final as far as I see it - Butler v Thompson.

ATM I'm tending towards Chris - Callum isn't in the greatest of nick at present, and with Ash missing a 5-6-7 of Darren, Mike & him isn't anything like Chris - Darren - Mike. We're not needing the sixth bowling option, either.

With luck, his break in grade cricket has got some touch back - what do we reckon?

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Definatly a tough decision. Depends what the pitch is like i guess... would we need another bowler.. or is it gonna be tough to bt on so we need another batsman.....

Neither have been in startling form so it is a big decision... have fun Neil :)

ash chaulk

International Captain
im so upset not to play in the final but i would like to say my opinion... i think that buts has the oportunity to fight back in this one and thomo is a great player tho also but when we make the OD final thats when he shud be let loose. i dont know if im blabbering but thats it

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
thewizard1o1 said:
Buts, five bowlers is enough imo and if he finds a bit of form in the final it will be a huge plus to our lower order.
gotta agree, that needs strengthening.

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Guess thats the way to go then. Have the extra batsman and hope we pile on the runs.

Has the OD team been discussed for the final match? I think the games that are to be simmed soon (the 2nd to last round) need to go our way so that if we win tomorrow we can make the final.