• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

ash chaulk

International Captain
maybe the man had a problem with a team mate and in best interests doesnt want to discuss to cause conflict in the Blue camp?

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Blewy said:
No, he could have said i want to leave, and discussed the issues.. I'm sure if the reasons couldn't be sorted then he would have been allowed to go... BUT to flatly refuse to play for Blue until he gets his way is childish...
But was he holding Blue ransom?

KennyD

International Vice-Captain
He wasn't holding Blue to ransom at all. It wasn't like he said "I'm leaving unless I'm picked as opening bower!" or anything. He just said he wanted to leave, and was not going to wear the blue outfit again.

Thats not holding anyone to ransom, for as I see it, Nath isn't getting any gain. And don't say his gain is to be a member of another team, because that isn't a gain, for belonging to a CW team is each and everyone of us' right.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah whatever Rob... I challenge Nath to come out and say what his reasons are... He has walked out on his team-mates when we needed him... Its a selfish attitude.. He has given us no reason at all, and to refuse to play is childish...

Its funny how everyone from other teams think its ok, but all the Blue boys are not happy...

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
If that harms anyone's credibility, it's yours. You realise that, yeah?
Not really. The fact is, if a key player from any side quit the team without stating a reason after being dropped for one game when the team was having a poor run, his teammates would be extremely disappointed. It's childish, simple as that. If he has a complaint with the management of the side he's free to take it up with anyone within the team, or at very least point out what it is before he leaves. The fact that he's refused to do so indicates that he's left because he got dropped from the team and wants to be the most important bowler in whatever side he goes to.

I should think people from other sides should be able to recognise that as well.

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
Not really. The fact is, if a key player from any side quit the team without stating a reason after being dropped for one game when the team was having a poor run, his teammates would be extremely disappointed. It's childish, simple as that. If he has a complaint with the management of the side he's free to take it up with anyone within the team, or at very least point out what it is before he leaves. The fact that he's refused to do so indicates that he's left because he got dropped from the team and wants to be the most important bowler in whatever side he goes to.

I should think people from other sides should be able to recognise that as well.
What he did probably was a bit childish, but look at what happened with Borcich - we didn't even have the opportunity to trade him for a gritty lower order nurdler, and even then we weren't up in arms about it. Blue isn't the first team to have had this happen to them. I also think people are trying to make him out to be "the bad guy" way too much. He wasn't happy at Blue, he clearly stated his desire not to play for Blue and that was that. He certainly didn't hold Blue for ransom.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Robertinho said:
What did probably was a bit childish, but look at what happened with Borcich - we didn't even have the opportunity to trade him for a gritty lower order nurdler, and even then we weren't up in arms about it. Blue isn't the first team to have had this happen to them. I also think people are trying to make him out to be "the bad guy" way too much. He wasn't happy at Blue, he clearly stated his desire not to play for Blue and that was that. He certainly didn't hold Blue for ransom.
That's pretty much the problem I have with what he did as well, just in reverse. I've got no problem with Patrick wanting to leave for whatever reason, but for him to come out and state "problems with the Blue management" as if something has been done to him behind the scenes is just a pointless attempt to create bad blood. He could have left in a far more dignified manner, and I think his teammates would be less annoyed by it if he did.

Anyway, the matter is pretty much over with. CW Blue will look for a fair trade for a bowler of Patrick's calibre ASAP, and if we get one he'll be traded. If we don't he'll play grade cricket until his contract is finished.

ash chaulk

International Captain
SEAN FULLER HOW WHAT WHY WHEN WHERE

MATES RATES OR SELECTION BOO BOO

How

How can Sean Fuller be selected to the CW XI when his form truely shows he's not ready. This season averaging 21 with the bat and 32 with the ball in a team that has not won a First Class game has been given a ride. While Fuller may have performed well in past seasons he has not had any test match experience to back his selection into the team. How can veteran opener Simon Fitzsimmons averaging 101 scoring 2 FC centuries from 4 innings not be a better choice than Fuller.

What

What about Bryce Cunningham he's played a handful of Test matches been in better form than Fuller and is left in the cold.

What has led the CW XI selectors to make such a bad decision.

Why

Why has Sean Fuller made the squad some say that the bond between he and Liam Camps is getting a bit to close for comfort and with Liam Camps being a very senior and persuasive team leader has made the selectors take Fuller on.

Maybe Fuller has payed the Selectors?.. Maybe Liam Camps payed the Selectors? To be honest we will never know.

When

When Sean Fuller fails who do we blame? The Selectors, The Captain Sean Fuller him self?... Someones head must be chopped for this mistake. Although one day Fuller may become a future star now is not the time.

Where

Where will Fuller play there is no need for him. ARTHUR is wishing he is 12th man just to get the feel, then Fuller should go back to the development league win a few games for Blue and get himself into form.

Goodluck Fuller your going to need it!

ARTHUR

September 06

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
ash chaulk said:
SEAN FULLER HOW WHAT WHY WHEN WHERE

MATES RATES OR SELECTION BOO BOO

How

How can Sean Fuller be selected to the CW XI when his form truely shows he's not ready. This season averaging 21 with the bat and 32 with the ball in a team that has not won a First Class game has been given a ride. While Fuller may have performed well in past seasons he has not had any test match experience to back his selection into the team. How can veteran opener Simon Fitzsimmons averaging 101 scoring 2 FC centuries from 4 innings not be a better choice than Fuller.

What

What about Bryce Cunningham he's played a handful of Test matches been in better form than Fuller and is left in the cold.

What has led the CW XI selectors to make such a bad decision.

Why

Why has Sean Fuller made the squad some say that the bond between he and Liam Camps is getting a bit to close for comfort and with Liam Camps being a very senior and persuasive team leader has made the selectors take Fuller on.

Maybe Fuller has payed the Selectors?.. Maybe Liam Camps payed the Selectors? To be honest we will never know.

When

When Sean Fuller fails who do we blame? The Selectors, The Captain Sean Fuller him self?... Someones head must be chopped for this mistake. Although one day Fuller may become a future star now is not the time.

Where

Where will Fuller play there is no need for him. ARTHUR is wishing he is 12th man just to get the feel, then Fuller should go back to the development league win a few games for Blue and get himself into form.

Goodluck Fuller your going to need it!

ARTHUR

September 06
ARTHUR WHO??

ash chaulk

International Captain
i know you dont read the newspaper especially with all the gossip going around about yourself and the page 3 girls but ARTHUR is CW Newspapers top man.

10 time award winning journalist

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
I was as surprised to be called up as anyone. Aside from the century against Pakistan I haven't done much of anything this season, while Cunningham has been in pretty good form. I don't think I'm in direct competition with Fitzsimmons though, given that he's an opener and I'd be batting in the lower order and bowling a bit. I'm more in competition with Camps, in fact. Bit of a beat up from ARTHUR there.

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
ash chaulk said:
i know you dont read the newspaper especially with all the gossip going around about yourself and the page 3 girls but ARTHUR is CW Newspapers top man.

10 time award winning journalist
Oh, Arthur... Rebecca Wilsons husband, yes i remember him...

As for me and the page 3 girls, Until i see proof i will deny everything..

Blewy

Cricketer Of The Year
FaaipDeOiad said:
I was as surprised to be called up as anyone. Aside from the century against Pakistan I haven't done much of anything this season, while Cunningham has been in pretty good form. I don't think I'm in direct competition with Fitzsimmons though, given that he's an opener and I'd be batting in the lower order and bowling a bit. I'm more in competition with Camps, in fact. Bit of a beat up from ARTHUR there.
Thats exactly right, Fitzsimmons is an opener and i have actually spoken to Simon about this myself.. It would not be fair on simon to come into the side and bat at #6 or 7 when at this point our 2 openers are doing a fine job...

ash chaulk

International Captain
FaaipDeOiad said:
im not speaking for ARTHUR but i think he's saying that instead of yourself or camps fitzsimmons should get the nod. I think ARTHUR see's the squad using no allrounders but then hes saying that theres other choices for an allrounder spot hmmm interesting

ash chaulk

International Captain
Blewy said:
Oh, Arthur... Rebecca Wilsons husband, yes i remember him...

As for me and the page 3 girls, Until i see proof i will deny everything..
its ARTHUR not arthur cmon

ive personally seen the pics the video and heard the voice recordings the man is wearing a mask but does look very simular to yourself

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I think Test sides are picked on Test peformances not FC and im pretty sure Camps has a better Test batting average then Simon. Also pretty much all the Test Squad in the last couple seasons have had two all rounders, atleast.