• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* CW XI Media Coverage

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
masterblaster said:
This is an utter outrage, and simply the allegation has no truth whatsoever. The Black's pride themselves on their optimum fitness levels, consistency and strict ANTI-DRUG policies.

This is nothing but a 'cheap' 'dirty' fabrication by the CW Red side and their Captain, and this will not be tolerated by CW Black.

CW Black = DRUG FREE
Minor point.

Camps = Blue
Halsey = Blue
Bennett = Red

And that was just a lifestyle reference, anyway!

cbuts

International Debutant
Minor point.

Camps = Blue
Halsey = Blue
Bennett = Red

hahaha that shot that down rather quick

:( :( do have to put up my hand. i do have a problem. kfc is just so dam tasty

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Daily Blast

Mr Ponting - Seeing Red
by Kwase Knight

The troubled season of Mr. Ponting was eased somewhat when he headed off to Sydney to join CW Black a few weeks ago. For the pacer it was a chance to start afresh and put his Red problems behind him. Settling well into the clubhouse, Ponting started fairly for Cricket Web Black, but not spectacurlay and later faced the toughest challenge of the season, as his new team matched with his old.

The game ended in a fascinating draw, but the Reds dominated the scoreline amidst some slipshot Black fielding and loose strokeplay. Mr. Ponting himself did not exactly reap the rewards he would have planned and instead conceded 160 runs in 47 overs for his solitary wicket. I caught up with Mr Ponting after the game for a brief chat...

Q: How did you feel out there against your old team, CW Red?

Mr P: I thought I was ok. Obviously I was looking foward to this match and I was a bit disappointed I couldn't inflict more damage wicket wise. I bowled fairly economically but I aim to take wickets mostly, I am a very aggressive and competitive cricketer.

It was good to see Dave bowling well also.

Q: You seemed to be bowling in decent rhythm initially, but the Reds got after you a bit and you lost your run on numerous occasions. Do you think the Reds have figured you out?

Mr P: No. In my stint at the Reds I was unable to reveal my full weaponary. Next time they play me they should be ready for my "Reverse Slower Ball". Anyway, although they have played me in the nets, a match is different. Everyone bowls differently then, so no, they don't have me figured.

Q: What things do you think you could have done differently in this game?

Mr P: Over-aggression was my biggest problem. Sometimes I bowl one too many yorkers etc, when line and length is the key.

Q: What are your feelings on CW Black's chances for Dev League titles at this stage in the season?

Smiling broadly...
Mr P: We'll take out everything. No doubt. Cheers for that mate.

Cricket Web Black faces thier Red counterparts twice more in 25Smash competition and once in One Day, meaning that this rivalry is at least 200 overs away from completion.

steds

Hall of Fame Member
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
Cricket Web Black faces thier Red counterparts twice more in 25Smash competition and once in One Day, meaning that this rivalry is at least 200 overs away from completion.
We've got at least three more victories this season, then? ;)

cbuts

International Debutant
yea but from memory we are one win behind you with 3 games in hand. have reds actually beaten us in any game this year?

Mister Wright

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Mister Wright Relieved to be Retained

Cricket Web XI test bowler Mister Wright has told the media today he is "relieved and excited" to keep his place in the test squad for the upcoming test series against Sri Lanka.

Mister Wright made his test debut two seasons ago against New Zealand and after a slow start showed some impressive performances late in that series, having a leading hand and gaining the Man of the Match award in the third test.

Since then Mister Wright has struggled to hold onto his place and has since found it hard to reproduce the form he showed in his debut season in domestic cricket for his beloved Reds. Mister Wright said that he knows he can peform better and become an important member of the attack for the test series.

"I am grateful that I have been given this opportunity to prove myself again. I know my form hasn't been crash hot, but it hasn't been that bad either. I have had a chat with the selectors and know how much faith they have in me, and how close I was to being left out. It is now up to me to show them they made the right decision." Mister Wright said.

Mister Wright also said that this season had been tough on him and that many things have run through his mind including retirement and a possible switch in domestic sides.

"At the beginning of the season, my form was poor and there seemed no way out of my rut, especially with new guys coming through and performing well, I would lie if I said I didn't think about retirement. But after a long talk with fellow fast bowler Dave he said I should keep trying as I have the ability and experience to come back.

"I also thought about switching domestic sides, as I wanted more responsibility, but after the Mr. P incident I felt I needed to stick by my team, and I was rewarded with the vice captaincy during the International One Day series, and that is something that I relished. And to be honest I could never see myself playing against the Reds, I love the Reds, so that idea was shot down very quickly.

"I am looking forward to the upcoming test series and am ready to prove I am the fast bowler that the Cricket Web XI needs to improve their test status."