• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PY retires from ODI

PY

International Coach
After many a rumour and plenty of sleepness nights, I have taken the decision to withdraw myself from selection in ODI.

It was not a decision made lightly as there is not a ready made successor to take over my duties but several strong candidates, and whoever gets the nod from the selectors I have no doubts will succeed fully.

I would like to thank all the players who I have had the pleasure of taking the field with and wish them all the best in the future in continuing the good work done at the World Cup. Also I would like to acknowledge the selectors for their sustained confidence in my abilities.

It's been a ball but every dog has it's day.

I look forward to continuing to play with the Test squad and hope I may maintain my position in this form of the game.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
CWBCC would like to thank Peter Young for his service to the CW XI with the gloves and bat during his time at ODI level.

He will retire with the stats...

26 ODI matches
23 innings
3 not outs
316 runs
15.90 avges
1 fifty
0 hundreds
HS - 53 not out

32 catches
0 stumpings

We look forward to seeing Young carry on in service at Test level however.

PY

International Coach
roseboy64 said:
You were a good glovesman but sorry with the bat.
Never thought I'd see those words after my run of drops a while ago. All part of the fun though. :)

Andre

International Regular
Congratulations on your ODI career, PY. As I selector I firmly believed you were the best option for the post, and my faith was rewarded with your match-winning innings against NZ.

Good luck in your future Tests.