• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World Cricket - Outside the bubble

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I want to step outside of our little CW XI bubble and resume something that I did in the early days of CW cricket - show evidence of other cricket being played. We're only ever aware of cricket matches involving the CW XI in some way, and that's just not right. In order to further increase the undoubted realism of CW cricket, I'd like to reintroduce neutral series.

And on that note, can I get a couple of people to put their hand up to be in charge of this aspect of CW cricket? You'd have to sim matches and organize all the squad news etc. surrounding the series.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Upcoming series:

South Africa in Australia - 3 Tests - 5 ODIs
India in Sri Lanka - 3 Tests - 7 ODIs

Mr Mxyzptlk

Looking for one, possibly 2 others then. Apply within. Already a fair amount of interest expressed on MSN, so apply quickly.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd be happy to lend a hand if you need one, sounds like you're adequately staffed though.

Mr Mxyzptlk

You're in if you're truly interested.

Basic requirements:

1. Sim matches and post results in an attractive way - brief match report.
2. Post news tidbits regarding the series (squad news, injuries etc.)

And if you need to leave the job at any point (real life tends to interfere), all I ask is:

1. You finish any series in progress first, or get an immediate replacement.
2. You give a week's notice.

It's really a great job and superb employers ahead of you.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Team Pools:

Pool A (Sean Fuller):
Australia
South Africa
Pakistan
Bangladesh
West Indies

Pool B (undecided):
England
New Zealand
India
Sri Lanka
Kenya

Series involving a team from each pool will see simming duties shared between simmers.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Ok, if I can get one more it'll be ideal. Because then two people can share duties for each team pool, allowing for more updates ideally - one sims and one does news etc.

Adamc

Cricketer Of The Year
I won't have time to do anything between now and next Friday; if that's not a problem then count me in.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Williams will work with Fuller on Pool A. If I can get someone else to work with Collins, they'll handle Pool B.