• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Champions Trophy Discussion

kears_falcon_9

International Debutant
Congrats to all selected. Hopefully the selectors have faith in me (obviouslyly because they selected me lol) and hope i can prove my worth as a middle/lower order batsman and do better than my shamozzle of a series against england.

Far out Buts, youve got some decent stats there!

cricketboy29

International Regular
Congratulations to everyone selected, hope we can replicate the successes that we had in the world cup, and go one further.

mikeW

International Vice-Captain
congrats everyone that was selected, hopefully you can bring home the champions trophy!

Last edited:

Blaze

Banned
andyc said:
Congrats to Halsey, Thompson and the rest of the boys. Do us proud.
Congrats to you andy on 6,000 big ones. Your achievement is really slipping under the radar.

chaminda_00

Hall of Fame Member
I can't believe Halsey hasn't made his debut yet, very surprising. Good luck to the team im sure you will do us proud.

Loony BoB

International Captain
It's a great honour to once again be in the squad - I really look forward to this one. Bangladesh may be considered outsiders for the group, but I trust everyone will be taking the first game seriously, as with all that follow. Let's rise to this occasion and take this tropy home. :)

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I`m surprised Callum slipped in ahead of Bryce actually.

Best of luck to youse all, bring us home the trophy (or a llama).

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Nnanden said:
I`m surprised Callum slipped in ahead of Bryce actually.

Best of luck to youse all, bring us home the trophy (or a llama).
Think you're getting your game forms mixed up!

Thompson: 41 games, 749 runs @ 28.81, 48 wickets @ 34.19
Cunningham: 36 games, 242 runs @ 12.10, 44 wickets @ 32.36

Similar bowlers, and Cunningham's OD batting isn't that far off ours...

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
I was thinking that spot was for a bowling all-rounder, and Bryce`s bowling is a tad better, not to mention the FC game. But yeah, fair call.

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia and the West Indies arrive

Cricket superpowers, Australia, and the World Champions, the West Indies, both arrived at Gatwick Airport at 12:30pm today. Australia, led by Ricky Ponting featured a squad of 14, whilst Shivnarine Chanderpaul led an army of 15.

Commenting on the expectations of the West Indies team heading into the Champions Trophy, Chanderpaul said, "Well, we, em, we, em, hope to do well. We lookin' to play positive cricket. We em, we lookin' to win."

Ponting said, "We're Austryliah. If the umpiring holds up we expect to win comfortably. We're Austryliah. Howevah, in case we don't win, we're already investigating the reasons why. We're Austryliah."

The Australian Champions Trophy squad:

RT Ponting (C)
AC Gilchrist (vc) (wk)
A Symonds
MEK Hussey
MJ Clarke
SM Katich
DR Martyn
SR Watson
B Lee
GD McGrath
NW Bracken