• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket Web Downtime

James

Cricket Web Owner
56 minutes of downtime just now.

Rest assured I'm finding this completely unacceptable myself and am asking for answers from our hosts.

Slow Love™

International Captain
James said:
56 minutes of downtime just now.

Rest assured I'm finding this completely unacceptable myself and am asking for answers from our hosts.
Yeah, just experienced the same, here (I posted in the other thread)...

James

Cricket Web Owner
Official words from our hosts:

You may have noticed some downtime a week or two ago. There was a
rash of it around then and we were working with our vendor to tweak
certain configuration values to avoid the issue. While it appears our
initial changes were in the right direction (based on the time that's
passed since the last crash), we still need to tweak them a little
further in the same direction. The new changes should fix things
either forever or at least enough to avoid a crash for a sizable
about of time.
Obviously I noticed a rash of downtime otherwise I wouldn't be emailing, but that final sentence gives me hope.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
James said:
Official words from our hosts:

Obviously I noticed a rash of downtime otherwise I wouldn't be emailing, but that final sentence gives me hope.
Nasty. Is there a cream for that?

James

Cricket Web Owner
Was complete downtime of 134 minutes.

Official word was:

"The dns zone file is out of sync with the server."

Rich2001

International Captain
Tom Halsey said:
Downtime the whole day yesterday.
This refers to this thread - The actual issues weren't to bad to be fixed but it just came at a really bad time. The site went down early in the morning so it wasn't until the evening when I had got back from work that the issue was spotted, by the time we had got it all fixed and working again it was basically a 12 hour gap.

Rich2001

International Captain
Tom Halsey said:
Yeah I know mate, Neil told me James is away and obviously you have a job, so you wouldn't spot it.
James does work as well so he tells me ;) :D - Just bad timing really but all is good now :)

James

Cricket Web Owner
Just to add in a few words from myself:

I was away for a couple of days, was having a break in New Plymouth, and as Rich said he spent the day at work and didn't notice the problems until the evening.

We'll be putting procedures in place to prevent this amount of downtime from happening in the future.