• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Requesting "ICC For Dummies"

Plectrum

Cricket Spectator
To put it simply, I'm not having much luck with this game. I'm putting it down to limited knowledge of cricket (I know all of the rules, etc - but the effect of weather and pitch conditions gives me problems, and I rarely seem to get it right when deciding to declare or not). However, it could simply be a problem of not using all of the features to my advantage out of lack of understanding of them.

I've read the manual, I've picked up a thing or two from the forum here, but I could still use a less-than-gentle nudge in the right direction. Is there an idiot's guide to ICC 2005? I gather that the game hasn't changed all that much, so perhaps a guide for a previous version would be enough.

If anyone could point something out for me I'd be grateful. Cheers

P.S. Don't worry about giving tips to someone you could end up playing online. I won't be using multiplayer

Robertinho

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, with batsmen, in regards to aggression, I always start off openers with 1 bar of aggression until the "comfort" bar reaches 3, and then move it to 2, and when the comfort bar goes up a bit further I just leave the aggression on 3.

Declaring.. try and give yourself a day or more to bowl them out. Remember, if you're in a position where you feel you can declare, you can control the game. You have to ensure, however, that you make sure you set a defendable target.

It'd be easy if you asked some questions though, but I'm sure you'll get some good tips from other people :-O

bumpuss

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Icc 2002

Since i havent played icc 2005 i can only tell how it works in 2002. Firstly dont expect to be sucessful in the first few years (normal mode).

Lets start from the beginning, obviously if you choose a weak team then it would be bit harder to win games. In ICC 2002 Yorkshire was at first the best team, but in the game does not necessarily mean they will top the ladders. So choose a team you like, doesnt matter bad or good choose one!.

Right now you have your squad, and you must select training for your players. Before this, check each players salary this sort of reflects how good they are. When training comes, train your younger players first, give them technique if they are less 25 and skill if they are over. Put fitness on your key players.

Selecting your eleven for the first game and there on, choose your best squad, look at their fitness and form, Ensure you have at least 2 pace bowlers. Check the conditions, normally the conditions dont vary too much. Choose your best batman (5 at least for country, you may have all-rounders) look at their preferences, if they strong pace bowling preference let them open.Put your most aggressive player at number 3 and weakest batter at 5-6-7 depending.

In the match when batting, in county start with 2 bar aggression and when the bar is full put 3 which is normal. Continue batting till the batsman is about 40+ increase by one bar, after each break reduce.

In bowling full aggressiosn most of the time. Bowl to the batsman weakness and to break a partnership, try bowling a part-time bowler a i.e batsman. ensure you dont overbowl your fast bowler 7+ overs per spell.

anything else just ask.