• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Anyone else find ICC 2005 annoying???

pearljammonkey

Cricket Spectator
OK so the game starts at 1 April 2005, yet the stats are only up to date at the start of 2004!!! there are stats missing from games that were played in September of 2004 - thats 7 months of missing statistics!! why couldnt they have just made the game to start back then??
If you look at it from Australia's point of view -
Sep-Oct 2004 - 4 Tests v India
Nov-Dec 2004 - 2 Tests v NZ
Dec04-Feb 05- 3 Tests v Pakistan
Feb-Mar 2005 - 3 Tests v NZ

so stats from all those tests are not included??? can anyone tell me if this is how it will be for the full version? if so, ill stick with icc2002 thanks.

also when u purchase the game to 'unlock' the demo, is that the actual full version game right there?

Other dissapointing parts - In the form graphs, there are no figures above the blocks, making it impossible to see how a player is going! ie just because a player has low blocks on the graph doesnt mean its bad (the player could have small not-out scores, or an innings of 0 for 10) but now you cant tell.
- not as important, but I'd prefer a photo in place of that useless graph for the batsmen
- the in-game commentary screen no longer provides info on balls faced by the current batsmen, or balls bowled by the current bowler!
- im sure there are many player problems eg Goodwin still playing for Zimbabwe
- other than those, it was alright. a better layout i think, and having the dominating spinners fixed, and world cups every 4 years is good too. a pity they couldnt fix the problem of international players not playing first-class cricket each year.

I was going to buy straight away, ive loved the ICC series, i could put up with those little annoying parts - but unless those stats are updated, i find it too unrealistic.

what do you guys think?

scritty

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It is apparently the full version of the game. I was sceptical at first - as the download is less than 1/2 the size of the data on the ICC2002 disk.

Apparently the opening sequence (you know with the "Not Booker T and the MG's" tune and the background video etc etc make up most of the difference.

Whether their will be a opening sequence splash on the CD version..I have no idea.

Shame the stats are so far behind. As a whinging pom, it means "True Blue Brit" Kevin Pieterson has missed his entire career to date. Is Harmy the No1 bowler (as he was before the SA series?)

Definately going to get it though.

but PERLEEAASE fix the 6's issue. I have very aggressive player. totally in on featherbed ptches facing average bowlers, and they never hit sixes (well not never, just hardly ever) I think Cricinfo has that the average no of sixes hit in a Twenty20 innings is 8. My teams sometimes don't hit that many in a one day season.

(To be fair to Chris and Brian, the number of 6's in the game has increased a lot since ICC series started) - to the casual observer it seems to have gone through the roof. Good pitches, soft thick bats and shrinking boundaries are probably the reason, as well as more recently the introduction of Twenty20.

Clarker

pearljammonkey

Cricket Spectator
190+ views and only 1 reply?!

hehe i must be the only one that doesnt care too much for there not being many sixes. sure it would be great, but if it affected the game in any way (remembering ICC series have the most accurate simulations of any mainstream cricket game) then id rather it stay the way it is.
cricket probably provides more stats than any other sport in the world. ICC is a management game. an accurate, up-to-date database is extremely important.

Also, does it not annoy anyone that the figures are no longer on the form graphs? is this a bug, or something that could be fixed in a patch?

also in the cricketgames.com forum, theres a thread made by Dan for database mistakes... i noted some people listing players that are in incorrect teams eg. Michael Bevan should be in TAS not NSW - if this is possible to fix, then wouldnt it be possible to put ALL Australian players in NSW & VIC teams, therefore making them play first-class cricket?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
pearljammonkey said:
190+ views and only 1 reply?!
Maybe you should read the forum a bit more. There are other threads with the same discussion already. Most notably the thread pertaining to the demo.

aaza

Cricket Spectator
scritty said:
Apparently the opening sequence (you know with the "Not Booker T and the MG's" tune and the background video etc etc make up most of the difference.

Whether their will be a opening sequence splash on the CD version..I have no idea.
Found this on the Childish Things site: :D

Q: If I buy the game online, will it be the same version as the one released in a box?
A: Yes. The game is exactly the same. The boxed version takes a little longer to release due to the time taken in printing and duplicating CDs, but is otherwise identical.