• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

English County Franchise DB

darko21

U19 Debutant
Taking a leaf out of the "South African Domestic scene" book, I decided to create an English franchise database. Each team consists of 22 players, 2 test playing internationals, 1 ODI international and 1 retired player, coaxed back to play for at least a season. The majority of the rosters for each team are made up of the original county's roster but with some players deflecting to opposition counties.
The team names have changed to their One Day names eg. Somerset becomes the Sabres etc. The grounds and records have stayed the same.
This was just a bit of fun so I hope you enjoy. If not, well I am still making more databases and have had ideas to convert the whole database to a 1902 or 1952 database. However this will take some time.

scottcraze

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It's a good idea mate be careful when editing that you dont fall victim of the invalid integer problem, I was a long way in to making a database and now I can't edit anymore because of this problem, everytime I try to save I get the invalid integer problem, any ideas how I solve this. I was using Kentlads database so is this the reason for the problem, or is it a magpie issue? 1950's might be easier due to the 1900's only having England and Australia as test playing nations, maybe South Africa, a 1980's database would be interesting with Botham, Border, Kapil Dev, Richards, Garner, Hadlee, Gavaskar, Imran Khan in their pomp.