• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Updated Database

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Good man Neil! To be fair I wouldn't have a clue how to program Magpie or anything else for that matter - so we're very grateful to you for this!

The Baconator

International Vice-Captain
I had a go at making a picture of the Rosebowl. Screenshot included.

EDIT: It was too big to upload as a bitmap so if you did download it you'd have to save it as one in paint or whatever.

Attachments

Blaze

Banned
KentLad said:
Right then, I think it is possible to change ground names, so I'll have a stab at changing Hants to Rose Bowl - may even be able to get a pic of it...

I'm fairly happy with the NZ skills - I think maybe you need to test it over a longer period - think I may need to increase Styris' batting a bit though.

I've taken out all retired NZ players now and added in some youngsters. Will now add Michael Parlane - Neal's already been put in.

I played another season as NZ and from my results I think the main thing that needs changing is Bonds bowling increased considerably. He did well in the ODI's but in tests he can't buy a wicket. Have a look at the screens and see what you think. I agree about Styris he bats number 4 for NZ in tests IRL

Attachments

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, to be honest, Bond hasn't played international cricket for quite some time, so you can't base him on what he was back then.

lord_of_darkness

Cricket Web XI Moderator
Cloete and Broncoman are pretty useful Photoshoppers.

I've fixed the ethnicities/contracts bug - nothing but rank bad programming - trying to work on career histories now.
So we can expect a new database update minus the bugs?

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
I have updated the databases with the aid of the new Magpie editor. This means I've been able to make bowlers skill up to a max of 125 (? ish) instead of 111 and the ethnicity of the players should now be about right.

Only problem is that when you clear a player's history with the new editor, you get an error message - so until this is fixed I won't post my update as there are a few new players I want to put in and a few old ones I want to replace - like O'Connor and Penn of NZ, Saeed Anwar of Pakistan and the likes of Jonty Rhodes and Daryl Cullinan from SA.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
Hey, Kentlad, great stuff this, u too neil, just wondering, with this update, are u gonna fix their stats? With players like Callum Thorp and other new players, they don't have any stats at all, but they do have stats in real life....i'm just wondering, if u don't i don't mind...u've still done a great job.

SirBloody Idiot

Cricketer Of The Year
KentLad said:
I have updated the databases with the aid of the new Magpie editor. This means I've been able to make bowlers skill up to a max of 125 (? ish) instead of 111 and the ethnicity of the players should now be about right.

Only problem is that when you clear a player's history with the new editor, you get an error message - so until this is fixed I won't post my update as there are a few new players I want to put in and a few old ones I want to replace - like O'Connor and Penn of NZ, Saeed Anwar of Pakistan and the likes of Jonty Rhodes and Daryl Cullinan from SA.
To avoid errors, instead of resetting all, just press the reset buttons next to each stat.

That way histories clear without errors.

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Players Histories

For all of the players I have added, I have simply cleared their history as it takes AGES to enter the information correctly, and to find out the info in the first place!
I did it for a couple of players but it literally takes about 20 mins per player probably!

So...if any of you want tohave a crack then be my guest! :D

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
My latest update together with ethinicity corrections and a few new players is attached.

This update works fine, but it seems that you won't be able to edit the data again. It seems that if you change any of the player's ethnicity, then you can only save the data once - see what I mean by opening up this data in Mapgie and then immediately saving - you'll get an error message :-(

That said, the update does work in the game :-)

Attachments

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
dunno if this is just me, but i've had some problems with the latest update.

I started with Hampshire, and i would drop a player, and he would dissapear. Then i would drop some others, and the first one would re-appear, but the others i dropped would the disappear. like the sqaud kept going of the screen... this was on the team selction page.

Also, some players appear in the team selection page, but not in the sqaud list, like M Munday for Hampshire....Also, with new players, when u check their stats, instead of going to their page, it just goes to the top of the list, not to their page...

Like i said, i dunno if this is just a problem with my ICC or sumtin else.
Anyway, just thought i'd let u know...
apart from this, it looks awesome, great job mate..

Last edited:

DJellett

International Debutant
Dark Hunter said:
dunno if this is just me, but i've had some problems with the latest update.

I started with Hampshire, and i would drop a player, and he would dissapear. Then i would drop some others, and the first one would re-appear, but the others i dropped would the disappear. like the sqaud kept going of the screen... this was on the team selction page.

Also, some players appear in the team selection page, but not in the sqaud list, like M Munday for Hampshire....Also, with new players, when u check their stats, instead of going to their page, it just goes to the top of the list, not to their page...

Like i said, i dunno if this is just a problem with my ICC or sumtin else.
Anyway, just thought i'd let u know...
apart from this, it looks awesome, great job mate..
Yes, same probs (eh, Myles ;) )

Must be too bigger squad...

KentLad

School Boy/Girl Captain
Yeah I don't know about this problem of players being "lost" from your squad if you drop them - I hadn't noticed it. One for Neil I think :)

I've played for a couple of seasons at International with NZ and am quite pleased with the sides that the computer selects - except for the fact that James Foster gets into the England team, along with Owais Shah. I really don't know why - apart from this default squads issue.

Another thing, I made Vettori about a 115/116 bowler but he's now a world beater and seems to take 5 wickets every innings - so I'm having a rethink about making spinners this good. I haven't played India in a test yet but they seem pretty unbeatable with both Kumble and Harbhajan!