• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If i was an indian selector........................

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Neil Pickup said:
1) Read's never 6'1
2) He's only a touch taller than me
3) I'm short

Draw your own conclusions.
Someone said he is.....during the WI tour. Don't remember who that was.

Sudeep

International Captain
Mr Mxyzptlk said:
I disagree there regarding Patel. When I first saw him he was pretty decent behind the stumps, certainly not the tearjerker he is now. IMO he's gotten worse from being ordinary to horrible as far as Test wicketkeepers go.
And that's because of lack of experience. I thought he was brought into the side too early into his cricketing career, especially for a wicket-keeper.

tooextracool

International Coach
marc71178 said:
And ironically at the same time his batting has been going the opposite way!
well you can keep hoping, but read's not going to come back.
IMO if he just learns to just get set before playing all his shots, he will be a very good player.
and even in the worst of his series, hes still far better than chris read.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
http://cricket.indiatimes.com/articleshow/906671.cms

Drop 'em all, turn on young guns

Excerpts
Mahendra Singh Dhoni to replace Rahul Dravid at No 3
Ambati Rayudu to replace Sachin Tendulkar at no. 4
Shikhar Dhawan to replace Sourav Ganguly at No 5
Robin Uthappa to replace VVS Laxman at No 6

Well well, well. The team could read like:- Jadhav, Gambhir, MS Dhoni, Ambati Rayudu, Shikhsr Dhawan, Robin Uthappa, Dinesh Karthik, SS Paul, Zaheer Khan and TWO SPINNERS !!

Must say this has one merit. India will have at least a couple of youngsters who will perform...surely ??? :-O :-O

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Tht article makes sense, but having three wicketkeepers in the side is going over the top. And why not replace Zaheer and Harbhajan as well?