Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bradshaw and Browne for the test team?

State Vice-Captain

Bradshaw and Browne for the test team?

Windies have no test cricket for about 6 months so I don't know who would be stupid enough to start a thread on this subject ( ), but what are your views on whether the Bajan duo would/should:

A) be picked in a Windies test side if a series/tour was imminent?

B) still be in the picture for the home tests against South Africa starting next March?

Given the plethora of injury problems at the moment, I think Bradshaw would and should make the test team at the moment, but probably shouldn't if everyone was fully fit.

I'd keep Browne in the one-day side, but probably not the tests (not sure he'd up to batting at 7 in a test match).

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    Never there are not good enough for the test team as they lack mental strength

International Regular chris.hinton's Avatar
    my last post will cause some Discussion

Quote Originally Posted by chris.hinton
    well they don't lack 2 much of it... the won the game for the west indies... aganst lost of pressure... which needed metal strength

International Vice-Captain
    i think bradshaw might make it into the test team but browne won't unless carlton baugh majorly messes up or gets injured

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    It would be most harsh on Carlton Baugh were Browne to make the Test-side (not to mention Ridley Jacobs).
    Ian Bradshaw would quite possibly be a very, very effective Test-bowler on seaming and uneven pitches but I don't know how much trouble he'd cause on flat, grassless ones.
    Nonetheless, I still think he'd do better than Best, Edwards, Lawson, Collymore or the like.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Samuel_Vimes's Avatar
    Defend Your Castle Champion! Monkey Diving Champion!
    Browne would very much be a backward step for the West Indies. What they need now is to concentrate on their young talent, refine them through playing Test cricket...and to pick a 33 (thereabouts)-year-old wickie would completely contradict that selection policy which they have adopted over the past couple of years.

Bradshaw I'm not too sure about. Certainly wouldn't select him on the basis of what he did with the bat in the Champions' Trophy, though.
    Messi scores on the rebound.

Founder of ESAS - Edgar Schiferli, the best associate bowler
    A follower of the schools of Machiavelli, Bentham, Locke, Hobbes, Sutcliffe, Bradman, Lindwall, Miller, Hassett and Benaud
    Member of JMAS, DMAS, FRAS and RTDAS

Quote Originally Posted by Adolf Grünbaum
    Is the conduct approved by the gods right ("pious"), because of properties of its own, or merely because it pleases the gods to value or command it?

Request Your Custom Title Now! Mr Mxyzptlk's Avatar
    Candidate for stupidest post ever?
    Sreesanth said, "Next ball he was beaten and I said, 'is this the King Charles Lara? Who is this impostor, moving around nervously? I should have kept my mouth shut for the next ball - mind you, it was a length ball - Lara just pulled it over the church beyond the boundary! He is a true legend."

Quote Originally Posted by garage flower
    Given the plethora of injury problems at the moment, I think Bradshaw would and should make the test team at the moment, but probably shouldn't if everyone was fully fit.
    Yet specializing players (bowlers especially) to ODI and Test cricket (in theory) cuts down on injury.

And it can also weaken one of the sides.
    A question of: is it worth risking Bradshaw for the possibility of improving West Indies' Test-side?

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    Candidate for stupidest post ever?
    Not a candidate for.

If there were a noble prize for stupidity, it would have to be permanently awarded right now.
    MSN Messenger: minardineil2000 at hotmail dot com | AAAS Chairman
    CricketWeb Black | CricketWeb XI Captain
    ClarkeWatch: We're Watching Rikki - Are You?

Up The Grecians - Exeter City FC

Completing the Square: My Cricket Web Blog

International Vice-Captain Dasa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil Pickup
    noble prize
    or a Nobel.

Aren't Bradshaw and Browne (moreso) getting on in years? Would either of them be able to last that long?

Quote Originally Posted by Dasa
    or a Nobel.

Aren't Bradshaw and Browne (moreso) getting on in years? Would either of them be able to last that long?
    You mean 5 days of a Test?

Browne is pretty old in wicketkeeping terms, but Bradshaw could go on for a while yet. He's got a pretty stress free action from my view point and he's a pretty fit man. He's only 30. Courtney was pushing 40 when he bowed out, and even then he could have continued on because he was better than most bowlers in the world.
    ... that said, Walsh was a special bowler and I'm not trying to pin any comparison on Bradshaw.

Cricket Web Staff Member / Global Moderator Neil Pickup's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dasa
    or a Nobel.

Er, yeah, that's what I meant. Oops.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mxyzptlk
    You mean 5 days of a Test?

Browne is pretty old in wicketkeeping terms, but Bradshaw could go on for a while yet. He's got a pretty stress free action from my view point and he's a pretty fit man. He's only 30. Courtney was pushing 40 when he bowed out, and even then he could have continued on because he was better than most bowlers in the world.
    ... that said, Walsh was a special bowler and I'm not trying to pin any comparison on Bradshaw.
    I think Bradshaw could prove not much worse in ODIs.
    Sadly, of course, he won't have a career of the length he, I guess, should have done.
    I'm presuming his List-A record has been this good throughout his career?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information