Thread: How successfull you think....

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )

How successfull you think....

Brett Lee is going to be in the upcoming India series.......There is nothing more exciting to see than a fast bowler running in, and bowling hsi heart out...and Lee to me is every bit of that fast bowler.

i WOULDNT ENJOY ANYTHING MORE THAN a fast blower doing well in subcontinent.....i wish him very best of luck...but at the same time.....i think the Indian players are just too good on their back yard....they will love the extra pace of lee, who is honestly not as good at reverse swing as we all think(even i expected him to be better when i first saw him on his debute, than what he is now).....the reason i am saying that he doesnt have too many matches that he turned around on his own...

But none the less its going to be great contest and one i am looking forward to....but how good u think he is going to be in India.
    Twitter @3Bouncers
    One of my friends said "And itís not like we havenít defeated India enough. I think weíve beaten them on a couple of occasions, on a lot of occasions, in fact."

International Debutant
    I dont think he will play a test and if he does he will get smashed all over the place.

He is fast and bowls a beauty of an outswinger but he has nothing else.

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    I dont think he'll play unless one of the other paceman gets injured or Kaspa/McGrath loose form very quickly.

If they were to play 4 pacemen (which is very unlikely) then it would probably be Watson to partner Kaspa , McGrath & Gillespie.

On his recent performances Michael Kasprowicz should be in first choice ahead of Brett Lee, and this is the same guy who bowled Australia to victory in 1998 at Bangalore (I think).

In saying that, it would not surprise me if Brett Lee plays.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

International Debutant iamdavid's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    On his recent performances Michael Kasprowicz should be in first choice ahead of Brett Lee, and this is the same guy who bowled Australia to victory in 1998 at Bangalore (I think).

In saying that, it would not surprise me if Brett Lee plays.
    Nah they've already indicated Kaspa is ahead of Lee (and possibly McGrath!) in the pecking order.

And rightly so , he took a 7-fer in his second most recent match and bowler very well in Sri Lanka in March.

SJS
    Virus 2 Champion!
    In case he plays, he will probably do better than most expect only because the Indian batting is in disarray.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    We've seen the Indian batting-line-up in disarray before now - on those occasions, we've also seen that in the inevitable event it changes (you can't keep them down forever) it tends to change quickly, with devestating effect.
    Even if Lee were to play in The First Test and take 4-93, it's still pretty likely that they'd get themselves together and he'd take 2-190 in the rest of the series.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

Quote Originally Posted by Eclipse
    I dont think he will play a test and if he does he will get smashed all over the place.

He is fast and bowls a beauty of an outswinger but he has nothing else.
    If Kasprowicz is ineffective in the first 2 Tests I reckon he might get picked.
    If he does, I agree he is likely to get hammered out of sight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bouncer
    he doesnt have too many matches that he turned around on his own
    He doesn't have any from July 2001 onwards.

Area 51 (Been requesting videos that even robelinda cant come up with - up yours all CW )
    who is honestly not as good at reverse swing as we all think(even i expected him to be better when i first saw him on his debute, than what he is now.
    The folks who have seen him bowl more in test matches what do u say about his reverse swing abilities, is that being overrated or he has the ability he is just being unlucky with that.?
    I would be able to talk moreabout it if i had seen him in more test matches.

Bouncer, I just froze your avatar and Shoaib looked exactly like Chris Martin.
    Extraordinary.

Richard, wait for my new Avtar i am working on that...its going to be awsome too.

International Debutant
    The folks who have seen him bowl more in test matches what do u say about his reverse swing abilities, is that being overrated or he has the ability he is just being unlucky with that.?
    I would be able to talk moreabout it if i had seen him in more test matches.
    He can do most things with the ball including reverse swinging it very nicely.

I guess that's the reason so many people held out hope for him for so long because he can make the ball move both ways and in the right conditions move along way..

But pure and simple he has no brain his line and length sucks and his trajectory is to low so he come's onto the bat really well and is easy to hit.

Bret Lee's lackings don't necessarily come with his skills (although he isn't the best of the best obviously) but it's more his way of thinking as suggested above.

I feel he'll play a test only if Kapsprowicz is ineffective (as Richard said) in the first 2. I'm almost 100% positive he won't play the first. If that's the case, whether or not he plays may come down to whether or not Australia win any of the first 2 tests.
    "I am very happy and it will allow me to have lot more rice."

Eoin Morgan on being given a rice cooker for being Man of the Match in a Dhaka Premier Division game.

If the Australians have a lot of runs on the board, he'll have a very good series. Of course, that ball, however fast it travels, must land on the right spot.
    "Talent is nothing without opportunity"
    "You're not remembered for aiming at the target, but hitting it"

Twenty20 used to be boring.

Sponsored...by...nothing!!!

But the fact that, more often than not, it doesn't, means that he's highly unlikely to have a very good series.
    Hopefully if he does play his average (post-2001) will be pushed up towards 40.

Thread Information