• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

World's tallest/shortest cricketers

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Charitha Buddhika Fernando, Sri Lankan seamer (rather rubbish one).
Living off the reputation of his five-wicket haul agaisnt Zimbabwe on debut. A little too long.

AUST_HiTMaN

International Debutant
Waughney said:
Taibu has to be up there.
Malinga is incredibly small for a fast bowler.
Agreed, Lasith Malinga seems tiny for a Fast Bowler! Anyone got some stats on how tall he is?

Craig

World Traveller
Stephen Fleming is a tall guy.

I want to know this: how come smaller 'keepers make better 'keepers then their taller counterparts?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Agreed, Lasith Malinga seems tiny for a Fast Bowler! Anyone got some stats on how tall he is?
Probably 5'9" or 5'10". Can't bowl that fast if he's any shorter.

SpaceMonkey

International Debutant
Craig said:
Stephen Fleming is a tall guy.

I want to know this: how come smaller 'keepers make better 'keepers then their taller counterparts?
Well they probably have a lower eye line so could make out the line of the ball a littler easier...not to mention its probably easier for a little guy to dive down than a tall man.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
SpaceMonkey said:
Well they probably have a lower eye line so could make out the line of the ball a littler easier...not to mention its probably easier for a little guy to dive down than a tall man.
The taller wicketkeepers are better against pace, for diving across to catch the ball. That said, classical wicketkeepers don't approve of it.

la28

Cricket Spectator
Lakshmipathy Balaji and Steve Harmison are quite tall. Parthiv Patel could be the shortest in international cricket.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
And who played for Glam at the tail-end of last season.
And had a shocker... sadly.
Rather liked what I saw of him the first time I saw him bowl.
Vics had some attack not long ago: Inness, Harwood, Lewis, Harvey, Warne, (Moss, MacDonald... :laugh: )

sportychic33

State 12th Man
sledger said:
how does jacob oram rank as one of the tallest at the moment?
Well being the fact that he's about 1.99m tall ( just over 6ft 6) I would probably count that as being quite tall. He is taller than some of the locks in New Zealand rugby.

Craig

World Traveller
I actually think he is over 2m tall.

If All Blacks lock Ali Williams choose cricket over rugby (he represented Auckland in cricket at age level IIRC), then he would also be in this list.

Macka

U19 Vice-Captain
Wasn't there some interview recently with Oram where they confirmed he is the tallest current international player?

Craig

World Traveller
Not sure.

But the height of the guy, you can see why he was a goalkeeper for New Zealand's youth football teams.

masterblaster

International Captain
Ajit Agarkar isn't too short when you meet him in person, he's around 5 foot 9/5 foot 10 I think.

Venkatesh Prasad was a giant (height wise), very, very tall, as was Anil Kumble and Srinath.