• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Australia in India Thread

viktor

State Vice-Captain
mavric41 said:
Maybe they will pick him for his batting and bring in another keeper. Whats Chopra like behind the stumps? :p
no no no... what happens to yuvraj then ?? you haven't got the rules of the game....
see, the whole idea of the exercise is to keep yuvraj in the side. i think as some one suggested, yuvraj will keep and patel will open..

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
If Australia wins this test match somehow, then Parthiv should get the MoM award.

As for commentators, Shiva is by far the worst of this lot. He has an annoying voice and just doesn't know when to shut up. I mute my ears whenever he is on.

Slats I don't mind because he talks about 2001 from an Australia PoV - besides, India won that series so I don't mind hearing about it again and again. Deano is entertaining and I like listening to him. Atherton has no bias but even a dead man would talk with more enthusiasm than he does. Manjrekar is a bit more bearable since Tendulkar is not in the game.

mavric41

State Vice-Captain
viktor said:
no no no... what happens to yuvraj then ?? you haven't got the rules of the game....
see, the whole idea of the exercise is to keep yuvraj in the side. i think as some one suggested, yuvraj will keep and patel will open..
Easy - yuvraj can take Zaheer's place and open the bowling. :p

TendulkarFan

School Boy/Girl Captain
viktor said:
Agreed. Now that Kaif has a serious shot at Yuvraj's place in the side, Ganguly will pick Yuvraj based on his superior keeping skills over Kaif.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
viktor said:
I have been toying with an idea. Here it is.

1. Drop Parthiv. He is a lousy keeper (actually losy keepers are any day better than him and let Dravid keep wickets. He is the most experienced international keeper in India (barring those who have retired) !!!

2. Bring him back into the side as a replace ment for Yuvraj who is a no-hoper as a batsman. Its never a good idea to burden your best batsman with the additional burden of keeping wickets , particularly if he isnt suited for the job !! Now where have I heard that argument before ??? :happy:

3. Yuvraj should play in the team as the third spinner. After all he is tall, well built and a left hander to boot !!! I remember somone gave that as a logic to keep him as a batsman. I think it is as good if not a better logic since he will be a LEFT ARM spinner :p

4. Drop Zaheer as a bowler and Saurav as a batsman. Reasons are not required , I am sure.

5. Induct Ganguly as a medium pacer. If nothing else snicks off his bowling will take longer to reach the keeper and give the first slip ample time to catch them as they rebound off the keeper's gloves :p

I think I will make a damn good Indian selector. What do you guys think ??

FRAZ

International Captain
As I already said About Patel ... Some people made a thread "Moin Khan should go".. He is'nt that bad ....
Patel has some basic technical problems . His dive timing is'nt that good ....
He will learn by the passage of some time for sure ................

JustTool

State 12th Man
TendulkarFan said:
If Australia wins this test match somehow, then Parthiv should get the MoM award.

Atherton has no bias but even a dead man would talk with more enthusiasm than he does. Manjrekar is a bit more bearable since Tendulkar is not in the game.
Good thinking. I think Parthiv has already won the MOM for Australia. I think Australia can win quite easily from here :cool: The pitch seems to have no devil in it today ?

Atherton has such a great manner and accent that his lack of enthusiasm is not an issue for me personally.

JustTool

State 12th Man
SJS said:

You are still making a little bit of sense. Thus, sorry, you can't be an Indian Selector :)

a massive zebra

International Captain
SJS said:

1. Drop Parthiv. He is a lousy keeper (actually losy keepers are any day better than him and let Dravid keep wickets. He is the most experienced international keeper in India (barring those who have retired) !!!

2. Bring him back into the side as a replace ment for Yuvraj who is a no-hoper as a batsman. Its never a good idea to burden your best batsman with the additional burden of keeping wickets , particularly if he isnt suited for the job !! Now where have I heard that argument before ??? :happy:

3. Yuvraj should play in the team as the third spinner. After all he is tall, well built and a left hander to boot !!! I remember somone gave that as a logic to keep him as a batsman. I think it is as good if not a better logic since he will be a LEFT ARM spinner :p

4. Drop Zaheer as a bowler and Saurav as a batsman. Reasons are not required , I am sure.

5. Induct Ganguly as a medium pacer. If nothing else snicks off his bowling will take longer to reach the keeper and give the first slip ample time to catch them as they rebound off the keeper's gloves :p

:lol::lol::lol:

viktor

State Vice-Captain
SJS said:

decent effort that.. increases the variety in the bowling attack.
however won't it leave our batting a little weak with dravid having to do a dual job. you can't put too much pressure of patel's young shoulders :p

btw, howz the kebabs coming along??

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
viktor said:
decent effort that.. increases the variety in the bowling attack.
however won't it leave our batting a little weak with dravid having to do a dual job. you can't put too much pressure of patel's young shoulders :p

btw, howz the kebabs coming along??
Bit early in the day yet. Still on breakfast.

The beer is getting chilled and I am waiting for a wicket to fall :D

FRAZ

International Captain
SJS said:
Bit early in the day yet. Still on breakfast.

The beer is getting chilled and I am waiting for a wicket to fall :D
Good atmosphere around your T.V. lounge . Enjoy your self and remember us in the celebration which are due to come By the grace of God ......
Stay Kool

Last edited:

viktor

State Vice-Captain
FRAZ said:
Good atmosphere around you T.V. lounge . Enjoy your self and remember us in the celebration which are due to come By the grace of God ......
Stay Kool
the grace of God or by the grace of St.FRAZ???

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
viktor said:
Yes but remember we will have two bowlers who can bat a bit (okay just a tiny little bit ) in Yuvraj and Saurav :p :p

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
FRAZ said:
Good atmosphere around you T.V. lounge . Enjoy your self and remember us in the celebration which are due to come By the grace of God ......
Stay Kool
Great atmosphere brother.

Hot dosas coming out of the kitchen, missus in the bathroom (read out of the way), two labradors nestling against my feet. Life is nearly perfect but for these damn Aussie batsmen :@