• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Rest of India v Mumbai

arjwiz

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nnanden said:
sorry dude, im confused... you have no tendulkar, dravid, etc. there, yet you have players who will (should be) selected for the indian squad i.e. chopra, khan, patel, plus a few maybes.

These are players who arent playing in the CT. This match is b/w 22-26 Sep, when Dravid is still in England.

Craig

World Traveller
marc71178 said:
But more important is surely his recent form?
Maybe or maybe not, I think he will be in the squad regardless.

Besides Sriram, there is Kaif, and I don't know about anybody else.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Besides Sriram, there is Kaif, and I don't know about anybody else.
Of this lot, Sriram is the most bankable. He protects his wicket for a long time, he sticks to the simple things such as running between the wickets and rotating the strike and his fielding is alss very good. Not to mention he can also bowl quite well to support the 4 main bowlers. As for Kaif, he's not too bad, but batting at 7 for a long time has taken him backwards, as a batsman. It's good to see him get runs at 4, but I only hope he does not get run out more often.

Other options would be Mithun Manhas, Hemang Badani, Vinod Kambli and Amol Mazumdar, but Sriram and Kaif are the best choices for now.

PommieMacGill

State Regular
I'll be interested to see how Dheeraj Jadhav goes on. Looking at his career stats he looks like a really good batting prospect for India. He's had good tours for India A so surely he can't be far off the national team? He's an option to open with Sehwag, although I do like Akash Chopra and the balance he gives to the test side.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The match is on. Chopra's out for 3. I hope this doesn't get him out of the national side.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
The playing XI's:

Mumbai: VR Mane, W Jaffer, VG Kambli, AA Mazumdar, BJ Thakkar, RF Morris, RR Powar, SV Bahutule, VR Samant, MM Patel, AM Salvi.

Rest Of India: A Chopra, G Gambhir, D Mongia, S Sriram, Y Venugopal Rao, YA Golwalkar, Joginder Sharma, PA Patel, M Karthik, Z Khan, SS Paul.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
PommieMacGill said:
I'll be interested to see how Dheeraj Jadhav goes on. Looking at his career stats he looks like a really good batting prospect for India. He's had good tours for India A so surely he can't be far off the national team? He's an option to open with Sehwag, although I do like Akash Chopra and the balance he gives to the test side.
His running between wickets and shot selection are slightly suspect, and he needs to work on them.

FRAZ

International Captain
Just a question " Can Pakistan's team ever gonna be able to beat Rest of Mumbai eleven" ?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
12:00 PM IST: Rest.. are at 95/3. Gambhir top scores with 39, then Sriram with 22. Robin Morris takes two wickets, Salvi getting one. Looks like Mumbai had a good first session.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
As of now, Rest made 314, with Morris cleaning up the tail. Not too bad, but we don't see much of that. That was followed by Rest bowling Mumbai out for 198- an appalling batting performance, where nobody except the hard-hitting Ramesh Powar got past 50. Looks like they had gone to sleep- clearly a sign of underachievement. Khan did his chances of a recall no wrong with 3/46, and his opening partner didn't do too badly either, with 3 of his own. The player to watch- Joginder Sharma- got 1 wicket and 16 runs, and that was a disappointment. Chopra's struck form, and that should do him a lot of good, since he is definitely the best opener in India who can get into the Test team. On the whole, these were two bad days so far, with has-beens and non-prospects making merry, and hopefuls failing. Hopefully the last few phases won't be as disappointing.

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
Clear as mud !

Into the 4th day and still its clear as mud. Of the hopefuls and been-in's :-

Chopra : A grand total of 50 in two innings
Gambhir : 2 flashy 30's unbefitting a 5 day match
Mongia : 2 failures
Zaheer : so-so bowling but he is standing !
Parthiv : Can bat - we knew that :)
Sriram : One decent knock - enough to merit a spot ??
Kambli : What does he want anyway
Bahutule : With a batting average of 67.7 and a strike rate of 122 and a bowling average of 13 with a strike rate of 37 in the tests played so far, he should be a cinch for the team. Unfortunately, I have switched his batting and bowling figures.

In any event if he plays for India today he will be second oldest man in the Indian team ! His [performances (not that he shook the stadium) do not interest me . If they interest the selectors, God help the Indian team.

SURPRISE SURPRISE : One sparkling hundred by a youngster called Venugopal.
Venugopal 'Who' ??

Last edited:

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Definitely one of the worst Irani matches played recently and probably the worst match of this domestic season. Definitely NOT the match to judge any of the players' abilities. Hopefully the next few matches won't be as disappointing.

Last edited:

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
bahutule had a great game, and SHOULD be playing for india dammit! give him another go in ODIs i say.