Cricket Player Manager
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Shane Watson

Shane Watson

That is all.

What a waste.
    Beware the lollipop of mediocrity. Lick once and you suck forever...

RIP Fardin Qayyumi, a true legend of CW

Quote Originally Posted by Boobidy View Post
    Bradman never had to face quicks like Sharma and Irfan Pathan. He wouldn't of lasted a ball against those 2, not to mention a spinner like Sehwag.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    What a waste.
    Waste of what, Craig? Bandwidth you used by posting a nonsense reply?

You mean the waste of bandwidth you used to create a thread that serves little purpose except shoff your banner.

Quote Originally Posted by Craig
    You mean the waste of bandwidth you used to create a thread that serves little purpose except shoff your banner.
    The purpose this thread serves is to draw attention to a young cricketer who will (in my humble opinion) take the cricketing world by the scruff of the neck in the next couple of years.

Cricket Web Staff Member Richard's Avatar
    That's as maybe, but Craig is quite right to describe this as a pointless act.
    Incidentally, Watson the batsman (especially at the First-Class level, less so at the one-day) looks to me like a very good player, not quite so sure about Watson the bowler.
    RD
    Appreciating cricket's greatest legend ever - HD Bird...............Funniest post (intentionally) ever.....Runner-up.....Third.....Fourth
    (Accidental) founder of Twenty20 Is Boring Society. Click and post to sign-up.
    chris.hinton: h
    FRAZ: Arshad's are a long gone stories
    RIP Fardin Qayyumi (AKA "cricket player"; "Bob"), 1/11/1990-15/4/2006

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard
    Incidentally, Watson the batsman (especially at the First-Class level, less so at the one-day) looks to me like a very good player, not quite so sure about Watson the bowler.
    so what you mean is Watson's FIGURES and AVERAGES look good (especially at First Class level,less so the one day)etc etc...

There are a lot of judgements being made on players being based solely on statistics
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend Mister Wright's Avatar
    Burger Time Champion!
    Have you even seen this guy play?

How can you make that assumption after just looking at his statistics. Fair enough you may have seen him play a few ODIs. But then he was either injured or just making his way into the team. He is very young and has a lot of cricket behind him. Now he is back in Qld he will receive the proper coaching he needs and will blossom into one of the most destructive players ever to play international cricket. Time will tell.
    Cricketweb Colts Captain

Hayden > Lehmann
    I'm a member of Club Kerry

I'm Green

The color of immortality, nature and envy - you are truly a unique person. While clearly the color of nature, you also symbolize rebirth, fertility and hope in the world. On the other side of the spectrum, a natural aptitude to money with green coming to signify money and possibly even *********!

Quote Originally Posted by Swervy
    so what you mean is Watson's FIGURES and AVERAGES look good (especially at First Class level,less so the one day)etc etc...

There are a lot of judgements being made on players being based solely on statistics
    I've seen Watson bowl and believe me there's not much impressive about him.
    However, he certainly has the consistency with the bat neccessary to suggest he's pretty good.
    Nothing solely on stats, although I admit I've never seen him play First-Class-cricket, but my good friend Mr. Hoitink has and he has filled me in on plenty I have not seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Wright
    Have you even seen this guy play?

How can you make that assumption after just looking at his statistics. Fair enough you may have seen him play a few ODIs. But then he was either injured or just making his way into the team. He is very young and has a lot of cricket behind him. Now he is back in Qld he will receive the proper coaching he needs and will blossom into one of the most destructive players ever to play international cricket. Time will tell.
    A bold claim indeed.
    Yes, I've seen him play and I've not seen much evidence that he's an especially good bowler.
    Of course, things can change.

I have had the pleasure of watching Watto bat numerous times last season in the 1st grade competition (just below Pura Cup) and was even there in person to see him demolish an attack for an unbeaten triple century.

He averages a tick under 50 with the bat and a fraction over 25 with the ball in first class cricket. In ODI he averages 38 with the bat.

Impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeke
    The purpose this thread serves is to draw attention to a young cricketer who will (in my humble opinion) take the cricketing world by the scruff of the neck in the next couple of years.
    I am not disputing that he isn't talented and doesn't have a big future in the game but a better job could have been done in doing so..

International Debutant
    if he manages to keep on track then IMO Watson is one of the options for future AUS selections in the 'allrounder' category in the post Warne / McGrath era - particularly if AUS feel they need to look at a regular 5th bowling option..............(another being Symonds)..............

if you view it in that context then he does not have to be a world beater at either discipline - he's not required to be a 'strike' bowler nor to score the bulk of the runs - so long as he can contribute to both on a regular basis........

hell if you put it that way then AA would walk right into the role..........he would be ideally suited to the lineup moreso that the role he is asked / expected to play in the current IND side.............

It is too bad that Watson keeps getting injured.

Bowling tgfg Champion! Carmageddon Champion! Rainman Champion! DTunnel Champion!
    I've seen Watson bowl and believe me there's not much impressive about him.
    However, he certainly has the consistency with the bat neccessary to suggest he's pretty good.
    Nothing solely on stats, although I admit I've never seen him play First-Class-cricket, but my good friend Mr. Hoitink has and he has filled me in on plenty I have not seen.
    you say what now?
    Jesus brings life eternal

remembering Phil 'The Prince' Hughes - we will always love you

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread Information