• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The Kumar Sangakkara Fan Club !!!

Craig

World Traveller
He is a fine player.

If he is going to 'keep in Tests then he should bat at 5. If he isn't going to keep then his spot at 3.

Dark Hunter

State Vice-Captain
A brilliant player not afraid to attack.
Although he isn't as good a keeper as some others, anyone who keeps well to Murali is good enough for me.

delkap

State Vice-Captain
best keeper-batsman after Gilchrist... not the best keeper at times though..
Prolly the best SL batsman atm.. I'm not a fan though ;)

Andre

International Regular
Personally, I think Sangakkara does not do himself justice. He gets to 40, 50, 60, 70 with such ease and more often than not throws it away with a dumb shot - example 1: 1st innings, Cairns Test.

Until he converts more often, to me he's a stylish contributor instead of being the matchwinner he should be.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
i totally agree with Andre...but he can be a match winner too...ex- Asian test championship final against Pakistan..he scored a match winning double century. That definitely was his best innings ever....

Andre

International Regular
nookie_lk said:
i totally agree with Andre...but he can be a match winner too...ex- Asian test championship final against Pakistan..he scored a match winning double century. That definitely was his best innings ever....
Yes, but that was 2 or 3 years ago, with his talent he should be winning matches on a consistent basis. Most of the Sri Lankan batsmen (except Jayasuriya in the past) don't seem to put their hands up when it comes to being regular match-winners, and Sangakkara leads the pact IMO.

Legglancer

State Regular
IMO sangakkara is definitly the ideal man to captain SL ..... he has the fortitude, constant fire in the gut, flair, in addition to his ever increasing chirpiness behind the wicket. It's apparent that he has been influenced quite a bit by Arjuna R... and with time he has the potential to surpass all his predecessor's.

nookie_lk

First Class Debutant
What do u think about sanga now...what a series he had with SA ??? One of the best players nowadays i recon...

masterblaster

International Captain
My opinion hasn't changed really. I reckon he's superb, but as with many players from Sri Lanka, he needs to deliver overseas in the crunch situations to be classified as one of the best in the world.

But still, a really versatile player to have. If India had him, our wicketkeeping problem would definitely be solved.

Dar

School Boy/Girl Captain
He's a brilliant batsman in great form. In tests he should wicketkeep, bat number five awith Samaraweera batting at three. I don't see the point in playing Kalu when Sanga is a good keeper. They could play an extra batsman in tests.

But yes Sangakarra is great