Thread: Outer Hebrides Cricket

Cricket Spectator

Outer Hebrides Cricket

I don't know if this is the right section to post this but here goes, and I hope someone can help.

The island of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides has issued a challenge to my island, the Isle of Harris, to play them at cricket. As you might suppose, this has never happened before, but we have taken up the gauntlet (or batting glove) and will meet them at 2pm on the 31st of July - our field of battle being a quite beautiful meadow beside the beach on the west coast of Harris.

The trouble is that we have no cricket gear and I am looking for anyone to donate any old bats, gloves, balls, stumps, bails, little stones for the umpires' pockets - no, OK, we can manage that. We have no sports shop here on Harris and if we did it would only supply football gear.

As we are likely to play one game a year tops we are loath to splash out on what I see from the web is quite expensive stuff nowadays. We will if we have to but I was sure there would be dusty old equipment languishing about in broomcupboards and attics which would love a holiday in the Outer Hebrides.

All donations gratefully received - including a pair of fairly handy openers and a seamer or two. Send me an email if you think you can help.

Best wishes from the windy northwest.

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    well i would say that you could probably buy a couple of half decent bats for a hundred quid, by a few balls for say 20 (on the net) and you could even make the stumps.....

pads and gloves arent too expensive (obviously depending on quality) you only really need three pairs between both teams,and also keeper gloves and pads.....oh and a box or 22 (i never have liked the idea of sharing someones box)...i reckon if you all put 20 in,you could have yourself a game.
    rave down, hit the ground

MSN: djjacksono@hotmail.com

An Aussie with a Lancashire accent living in Keighley,West Yorks
    by the way..make sure you tell us all how the game went...

oh and send the details to Wisden or something, they love this type of thing

Cricket Spectator

to the one who posted about Outer Hebrides

Could you send me your email id please? Urgent

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Quote Originally Posted by Islander View Post
    I don't know if this is the right section to post this but here goes, and I hope someone can help.

The island of Lewis in the Outer Hebrides has issued a challenge to my island, the Isle of Harris, to play them at cricket. As you might suppose, this has never happened before, but we have taken up the gauntlet (or batting glove) and will meet them at 2pm on the 31st of July - our field of battle being a quite beautiful meadow beside the beach on the west coast of Harris.

The trouble is that we have no cricket gear and I am looking for anyone to donate any old bats, gloves, balls, stumps, bails, little stones for the umpires' pockets - no, OK, we can manage that. We have no sports shop here on Harris and if we did it would only supply football gear.

As we are likely to play one game a year tops we are loath to splash out on what I see from the web is quite expensive stuff nowadays. We will if we have to but I was sure there would be dusty old equipment languishing about in broomcupboards and attics which would love a holiday in the Outer Hebrides.

All donations gratefully received - including a pair of fairly handy openers and a seamer or two. Send me an email if you think you can help.

Best wishes from the windy northwest.

Cricket Spectator
    Could i have your email id please?

urgent

There lie they, and here lie we, Under the spreading chestnut tree

Cricket Spectator

To The Islander

Could i have an email contact for the Outer Hebrides cricket person please

Quote Originally Posted by sledger View Post

Eternal Optimist / Cricket Web Staff Member GIMH's Avatar
    I wonder who won

International Vice-Captain harsh.ag's Avatar
    Either GalluGirl is a journalist, or there is a wonderful story behind this urgency.
    ~ Do you think I care for you so little that betraying me would make a difference ~

Cricket Spectator

hahahaha

the story follows the journalist, as much as the journalist follows the story
    cheers

Quote Originally Posted by harsh.ag View Post
    Either GalluGirl is a journalist, or there is a wonderful story behind this urgency.

Thread Information