• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Improvements in Indian domestic cricket

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
who will ever forget the way he tried to slog everything of harbhajan's out of the park in that world cup final in 03.....
More than that, I remember succeeding in cleanly hitting everything thrown at him by the pacers- they bowled 27 overs, while Harbhajan bowled 7.

tooextracool

International Coach
Arjun said:
More than that, I remember succeeding in cleanly hitting everything thrown at him by the pacers- they bowled 27 overs, while Harbhajan bowled 7.
oh so the wild slogging against the spinner doesnt count does it?

Deja moo

International Captain
Arjun said:
Luckily.....Safe sixes, and shots that travel a long way, such as those hit by Yuvraj and Pathan. These two batsmen are most capable of hitting safe sixes that go a long way. Nothing wrong with Sehwag's style of batting, but this batsman that I want to have will help the team a lot, just as Gilchrist and Gayle are helping their teams. Besides, such batsmen are needed in domestic matches, for 3 reasons-
  1. Bowlers get used to six-hitting batsmen and they work them out, thus making them better prepared for the big hitters of international cricket.
  2. The batting sides aim for a win.
  3. The matches are more exciting.

Waht safe sixes ?

give me one instance where Sehwag was caught in the deep off a mi**** ?

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Waht safe sixes ?

give me one instance where Sehwag was caught in the deep off a mi**** ?
Quite often, especially till the Australia tour. He gets caught all over the place. Besides, most of his sixes just scrape the boundary ropes, but don't go into the stands.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
chris.hinton said:
Perhaps 26 states is too many and it could be cut to 8 Super clubs
In the Duleep Trophy, all players are grouped in 5 zones- North, East, West, South and Central. In Ranji, they have 26 state teams, but the top 12 make an Elite league.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Does Indian domestic cricket really breed good captains? The national team really needs one.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
Another facet that needs a lot of improvement is the umpiring. There have been incidences of bad umpiring, and even one which did not go well with the Mumbai captain at all- CricInfo's India page has that article on the front page.