• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What 3 players would u want exchanged from ur team?

tooextracool

International Coach
koch_cha said:
thats y india are struggling to win odi matches while england with the
allround performance from flintoff are winning majority of the matches except Ban where he does not perform that well
1) a team consists of 11 players not just flintoff! india have about 8 world class ODI players, england have about 4 players who are world class, and apparently 2 of them are flintoff.
2) india havent exactly been brilliant in ODIs either....they lost the TVS cup at home and were dismal in the VB series.....

Deja moo

International Captain
tooextracool said:
2) india havent exactly been brilliant in ODIs either....they lost the TVS cup at home and were dismal in the VB series.....
Hey! dont mention the TVS cup......you'll make me cry.

Waughney

International Debutant
tooextracool said:
1) a team consists of 11 players not just flintoff! india have about 8 world class ODI players, england have about 4 players who are world class, and apparently 2 of them are flintoff.
How do you define a world class player? I always regarded it as someone who would make a world squad (about 16-17 players, not NZ style) so I don't know how you can have that many from those 2 teams. 8 world class from India?? I would say Tendulkar, Sehwag, Dravid maybe Yuvraj who else??(I'm talking about world class)

tooextracool said:
I'd say they were just outclassed by a far superior opposition :D :p

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I'd say they were just outclassed by a far superior opposition
They seem to play their worst cricket against the Australians. This is a very serious problem and must be addressed by all the people that matter, not problems about contracts, ad shoots, movie cameos and appearances in US league matches.

tooextracool

International Coach
Waughney said:
How do you define a world class player? I always regarded it as someone who would make a world squad (about 16-17 players, not NZ style) so I don't know how you can have that many from those 2 teams. 8 world class from India?? I would say Tendulkar, Sehwag, Dravid maybe Yuvraj who else??(I'm talking about world class)
by world class i mean players who would make it into any side in the world.....so i would add ganguly(i dont know how you kept him out),laxman and perhaps kumble or harbhajan?

Waughney said:
I'd say they were just outclassed by a far superior opposition :D :p
its one thing being outclassed....its another thing losing a 3 match final by 7 wickets and 208 runs respectively....

Mingster

State Regular
Tooextracool, it seems like you are the master to commenting on whetehr someone is world class or not. So how many players in the NZ ODI team are world-class?

Eclipse

International Debutant
Kaif is not very good IMO.

I think people may get the wrong Idea about his talent because of his stylish play but I dont think that much of him personaly and his figures back up my argument quite well.

feel free to disagree I have by no means see all of Kaif's carear but what I have seen has been rather un impressive.

tooextracool

International Coach
GermanShepherd said:
I rate him higher in terms of ability. Yuvraj has capitalised on his opportunities better than Kaif has though.
kaif IMO would never succeed in the test arena...he just doesnt have the technique or the temperament to do so. as far as ODIs are concerned i think yuvraj is a match winner with the bat.....im not really inclined to call kaif the same. however kaif is an exceptional fielder and a brilliant runner between the wickets....2 qualities that are quite vital to succeed in ODIs......

tooextracool

International Coach
Mingster said:
Tooextracool, it seems like you are the master to commenting on whetehr someone is world class or not. So how many players in the NZ ODI team are world-class?
theres fleming,oram,cairns,astle,tuffey and bond(if fit)....styris perhaps id like to see him play well consistently outside NZ