• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What 3 players would u want exchanged from ur team?

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
Yuvi is better with the bat and in the field.
That being said despite Yuvraj having played only four Tests, and Flintoff having improved eons in the last year?

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
In tests Yuvi can bowl a few tight overs and maybe even break partnerships. He's pretty handy.
Interesting comment, considering Yuvraj has picked up a grand total of ONE wicket.

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep said:
That being said despite Yuvraj having played only four Tests, and Flintoff having improved eons in the last year?
So what? Yuvraj is far more talented with the bat. If he fails in tests like you're hoping for, we'll see then.

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
So what? Yuvraj is far more talented with the bat. If he fails in tests like you're hoping for, we'll see then.
And far more unreliable because of his style.

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep said:
And far more unreliable because of his style.
LOL and Flintoff's power play has been ultra relaible till recently has it? 8-) Don't write Yuvraj off so blatantly without having any clue about his enormous talent, and there's a very good chance he'll suceed.

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
LOL and Flintoff's power play has been ultra relaible till recently has it? 8-) Don't write Yuvraj off so blatantly without having any clue about his enormous talent, and there's a very good chance he'll suceed.
Is it just me or Flintoff really seems really good at defence too?

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep said:
LOL.

I see a different point there.

Why can he?

:p
He's shown his wicket taking ability in ODIs whenever given the opportunity. What the hell do you expect given he's been sparingly used over 4 tests?

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
He's shown his wicket taking ability in ODIs whenever given the opportunity. What the hell do you expect given he's been sparingly used over 4 tests?
ODIs and Tests - two completely different formats. :p

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep said:
Is it just me or Flintoff really seems really good at defence too?
Recently? Yeah he's been outstanding. So what's your point man? Yuvraj has a sound technique as well.

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep said:
ODIs and Tests - two completely different formats. :p
Oh it makes such a difference to a part time SLA doesn't it? 8-) Care to explain what? There will be slight difference but what you needed to understand from that was he is pretty tidy and he could occasionaly break partnerships.

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
Oh it makes such a difference to a part time SLA doesn't it? 8-) Care to explain what? There will be slight difference but what you needed to understand from that was he is pretty tidy and he could occasionaly break partnerships.
Occasionally.

Not regularly as Flintoff.

And that's the arguement for picking Flintoff for Yuvraj.

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
In your opinion, which obviously speaks of how blind you've been while watching(if at all) Yuvi bat.
Yes, we'll see how sound he is, when he opens against the likes of McGrath, Gillespie and Lee.

chicane

State Captain
Sudeep said:
Occasionally.

Not regularly as Flintoff.

And that's the arguement for picking Flintoff for Yuvraj.
So can you please point out where I said Yuvraj is better than Flintoff at that? I only said he's a more talented batsman and one of the best fielders in the world, at the same time is handy with the ball.

Sudeep

International Captain
chicane said:
So can you please point out where I said Yuvraj is better than Flintoff at that? I only said he's a more talented batsman and one of the best fielders in the world, at the same time is handy with the ball.
IMO,

Bowling: Flintoff >>> Yuvraj
Batting: Flintoff = Yuvraj
Fielding: Yuvraj > Flintoff

Which tilts it towards Flintoff.