• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Int'l 'A' teams

Sehwag309

Banned
If there was a WC of 'A" teams, who would you like to see competiting the final

I have no idea about the current India 'A' or any other team for that matter

masterblaster

International Captain
India 'A', Australia 'A' and Pakistan 'A' would no doubt be the strongest of teams and it would be out of those three really to win a tournament of 'A' teams.

England 'A' comes very close too, they have a fine crop of youngsters. Im not too sure about South Africa 'A', New Zealand 'A' or West Indies 'A'.

India 'A' is something like

Gautam Gambhir
Sridharan Sriram
Dinesh Mongia
Hemang Badani
Rohan Gavaskar
JP Yadav/Reetinder Sodhi
Ajay Ratra/Dinesh Karthik
Amit Mishra
Siddharth Trivedi
Munaf Patel
Aavishkar Salvi
Sarandeep Singh

Sehwag309

Banned
masterblaster said:
India 'A', Australia 'A' and Pakistan 'A' would no doubt be the strongest of teams and it would be out of those three really to win a tournament of 'A' teams.

England 'A' comes very close too, they have a fine crop of youngsters. Im not too sure about South Africa 'A', New Zealand 'A' or West Indies 'A'.

India 'A' is something like

Gautam Gambhir
Sridharan Sriram
Dinesh Mongia
Hemang Badani
Rohan Gavaskar
JP Yadav/Reetinder Sodhi
Ajay Ratra/Dinesh Karthik
Amit Mishra
Siddharth Trivedi
Munaf Patel
Aavishkar Salvi
Sarandeep Singh
Ya, could be considered strong as 6 or 7 have played in the National Team already

Wonder who is there in Pak "A"?

Waughney

International Debutant
Australia A is more of an Australian under 26 team (except Secombe), the side is chosen to give young players experience and so wouldn't exactly be an 'A' team. Other A sides don't get much coverage so I don't know who'd win but I'll just say Australia anyway :p

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
India A is exceptionally stong and would JUST pip Australia A. Good contest though:)

Hoggy

U19 12th Man
Waughney said:
Australia A is more of an Australian under 26 team (except Secombe), the side is chosen to give young players experience and so wouldn't exactly be an 'A' team. Other A sides don't get much coverage so I don't know who'd win but I'll just say Australia anyway :p
That was just for the one dayers they played, the 4 day games are chosen on merit and I dare say if there was an A WC then players like Blewett, Bichel, Elliott, Hodge, etc would be chosen.

Waughney

International Debutant
I thought that it was going on current 'A' sides, and seeing as it would be a world cup it would be the (young) Aussie 'A' one-day side

Nate

You'll Never Walk Alone
yea but is this just the punks who arent picked for aussie or the current "younger" side?? like i could come up with an awesome aussie 'a' team, but is this the current team, or just who we`d pick?

brockley

International Captain
Australia A has an 80% winning rate against international touring sides,so i'd say australia A head and shoulders above the rest.
Team:
jimmy maher
marcus north
brad hodge
simon katich ( as he not in the onedayers)
mike hussey
russell campbell
shane watson
cameron watson
damien wright
nathan brakken
shaun tait
12th man ashley noffke.
This side would beat many international teams :D .

brockley

International Captain
Oops meant cameron white,he seems a better prospect than hauritz at the mo haurie lost form,white also adds to the batting.

Waughney

International Debutant
brockley said:
Oops meant cameron white,he seems a better prospect than hauritz at the mo haurie lost form,white also adds to the batting.
You haven't got any of the 2 in the XI

brockley

International Captain
Yeh thanx raj thats right.
Oops meant ryan campbell.
India A has a good record as so does south africa A so they would be up there as well,then maybe pakistan.

Arjun

Cricketer Of The Year
I would like to see the Indian A team players in the senior team in these exhibition tournaments. Why overwork the Sachins, Laxmans, Kumbles and Dravids? Give more chasnces to the Powars, Gambhirs, Chopras and Rohans.

chris.hinton

International Captain
england A will be

Key
Ward
Bell
Clarke
Hick
Pietersen
Read
Batty
Sajid Mahmood
Kabir Ali
Anderson

4 others Keedy,Solanki,Kirkley,Wagh

~Michael~

Cricket Spectator
brockley said:
Australia A has an 80% winning rate against international touring sides,so i'd say australia A head and shoulders above the rest.
Team:
jimmy maher
marcus north
brad hodge
simon katich ( as he not in the onedayers)
mike hussey
russell campbell
shane watson
cameron watson
damien wright
nathan brakken
shaun tait
12th man ashley noffke.
This side would beat many international teams :D .
I Think u just forget to add MICHAEL CLARKE'S Name in the team
(he was the captain when aus 'a' last played and was the vice-captain
of the aus "a" first class matches )
MICHAEL CLARKE = IN
SIMON KATICH= OUT(By the way he will turn 30 next year)