• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What has been the worst moment in ur country's cricket history?

Mr Mxyzptlk

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Craig said:
No but getting out one short of 300 must be heart breaking.
But...

1/ I'm sure he wouldn't be that disappointed over having scored 299 runs anyway.

2/ Martin Crowe is not a country.

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
No but getting out one short of 300 must be heart breaking.
jeez its not like 300 was a world record or something.....i can understand if he fell 1 short of 365 and even then as liam said martin crowe is not a country....

Waughney

International Debutant
tooextracool said:
jeez its not like 300 was a world record or something.....i can understand if he fell 1 short of 365 and even then as liam said martin crowe is not a country....
:blink: 300 would almost be a batsmen's pinnical, goal dream and greatest acheivement. I can't believe you are downgrading it :wacko: ! Only recently because of Lara 400* has the focus turned to the quadriple century mark.

tooextracool

International Coach
Waughney said:
:blink: 300 would almost be a batsmen's pinnical, goal dream and greatest acheivement. I can't believe you are downgrading it :wacko: ! Only recently because of Lara 400* has the focus turned to the quadriple century mark.
so considering azharuddin fell 1 short of playing 100 tests would that also be indias worst cricketing moment then? its a personal milestone and has nothing to do with being your countries worst cricketing moment. besides im sure martin crowe would rate his 299 just as high as his 300 had he got there, he probably wouldnt even consider it his best innings.

Last edited:

Waughney

International Debutant
tooextracool said:
so considering azharuddin fell 1 short of playing 100 tests would that also be indias worst cricketing moment then? its a personal milestone and has nothing to do with being your countries worst cricketing moment. besides im sure martin crowe would rate his 299 just as high as his 300 had he got there, he probably wouldnt even consider it his best innings.
I didn't say that it was his countries worst moment, infact if you'd read the thread I said that it wasn't NZ's worst moment 8-)
No doubt it would be, but I'm sure NZ fans like yourself would have been more than happy with his performance. At the very least it wouldn't be your countries worst moment!
I was only replying to you saying that almost making 300 wasn't that significant.

tooextracool

International Coach
Waughney said:
I didn't say that it was his countries worst moment, infact if you'd read the thread I said that it wasn't NZ's worst moment 8-)
I was only replying to you saying that almost making 300 wasn't that significant.
sorry i didnt read your earlier post.....however my point was that crowe would exactly have been 'heart broken' when he got out on 299 just because he was 1 short from 300, he did play a big part in saving that game for his country.

cbuts

International Debutant
worst moment fo nz cricket - been so many haha. being bowled out for 26 in a test? losing martin crowe at such a young age? the possible loss of shane bond? losing the 1992 semi final?

haha under arm being worst aussie incident. id say its in the top 5 best for nz. gave cricket profile.