• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What has been the worst moment in ur country's cricket history?

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
orangepitch said:
As Homer would say 'WOOHOO"

India won 1 series , lost 1 series and drew 2 series in Australia in 2003-04.
Would a one-off test match have been used in order to determine the relative positions in the ICC Test Championship?

I can't remember if it would have back in 1998.

If so, then I stand by 'series' and unblock my nose in your general direction.
If not, you have my apology.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The 9 times in 10 ODIs I've been to that NZ has lost rank as pretty bad moments in my opinion. Especially the one where Zimbabwe won after being 5/60.

Honestly, come on, even NZ can manage better than a 10% win rate!

The fact that I went to the only ODI in which SA beat NZ in the series this year suggests that maybe I put a jinx on them?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Still counts as a series win.
If Wimbledon, French Open and US Open were cancelled due to some calamity would the winner of the Australian open be able to claim having won the GRAND SLAM ??

:confused1

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Possibly. After all, I can quite honestly claim that I've never been beaten in any of those tournaments.

luckyeddie

Cricket Web Staff Member
SJS said:
If Wimbledon, French Open and US Open were cancelled due to some calamity would the winner of the Australian open be able to claim having won the GRAND SLAM ??

:confused1
Now, when you read ahead a few posts, you will find that I posted a retraction.

I wonder whether you will?

(now where's that 'smartass' icon?)

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
luckyeddie said:
Now, when you read ahead a few posts, you will find that I posted a retraction.

I wonder whether you will?

(now where's that 'smartass' icon?)
:oops:

I do beg your pardon :stupid:

tooextracool

International Coach
Craig said:
Wasn't that one Test though?
regardless losing to zimbabwe in a test match is not something to shrug off just because it wasnt a series......it would still be one of the worst moments in indian cricket history.

V Reddy

International Debutant
tooextracool said:
regardless losing to zimbabwe in a test match is not something to shrug off just because it wasnt a series......it would still be one of the worst moments in indian cricket history.
TEC, that match was not televised in India and so not much displeasure over that loss. India were *****cats overseas anyway and so the result was not that unexpected as Zim had a good team then

Deja moo

International Captain
tooextracool said:

Funnily enough , I'd rather India lost to Zimbabwe than losing to Eng ,Aus , Saf ,Pak etc.

Deja moo

International Captain
luckyeddie said:
Would a one-off test match have been used in order to determine the relative positions in the ICC Test Championship?

I can't remember if it would have back in 1998.

If so, then I stand by 'series' and unblock my nose in your general direction.
If not, you have my apology.

Be careful...be veryyy careful. :nono: ......I have a running nose and pretty good aim too. :drool:

Craig

World Traveller
tooextracool said:
So is Pakistan losing Test matches to Zimbabwe rank up as Pakistan's worst moments?

SJS

Hall of Fame Member
shankar said:
One more for India - 100 and 66 all out in that test match in Durban :blink:
And 4 for nothing against Trueman in 1952 with a tag of being wimps against real fast bowling which lasted till Gavaskar and Sardesai in Windies 1971