• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Running Out Of Players Draft - Season 1

Test_Fan_Only

First Class Debutant
Archie Jackson
Mayank Agarwal
Arthur Shrewsbury
Sir Frank Worrell
Murray Goodwin
Billy Bates
Billy Barnes
Barry Jarman
Tom Richardson
Jasprit Bumrah

cnerd123

likes this
Michael's still got 4 picks to make. I should check in on him see if he's okay

Round 6 Order: Teuton, Michaelf77777x, GoodAreasShane, AndrewB, trundler, NUFAN, Test_Fan_Only, Mr Mister, PEWS, Milenko47*2, PEWS, Mr Mister, Test_Fan_Only, NUFAN, trundler, AndrewB, GoodAreasShane, Michaelf77777x, Teuton

Teuton

International Captain
Season 1: Great Players Who Didn't Play Loads of Games
Arthur Morris
Hanif Mohammad
Ted Dexter
Herbie Taylor
Stan McCabe
Dean Jones
Brad Haddin
Mike Procter
Hugh Trumble
Frank Tyson
Bill Johnston

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
Duleepsinhji

First XI:
Stewie Dempster
Eddie Barlow
Duleepsinhji
Eddie Paynter
Patsy Hendren
Clyde Walcott+
Tony Greig
Jack Gregory
Hedley Verity
Ian Bishop
Colin Croft

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I'm starting to really dislike the fact that we're picking 14 man squads for this. 12 would be fine but I'd actually much rather have my 13th and 14th picks to start my Round 2 team.

Teuton

International Captain
I too would vote for rolling the second season straight away (ie any extra picks that don't make your best xi automatically go into your season 2 xi)

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think we definitely should still have 12, especially if you look at what NUFAN just did. Totally unfair to tell him that's his eleven now when he doesn't have a keeper yet.

I'd be very keen to just stick with squads of 12 though. That way we could all pick one extra guy to cover different pitch conditions.

cnerd123

likes this
Nah

14 players squads will stay because

A) In a hypothetical 5 match series, you're not going to play the same XI every game. You need reserves. Bench strength is important, and I want that reflected in this draft.
B) It takes more players out of the system, which means we can get to the fun hypotheticals sooner, such as debating over Mohammad Ashraful vs Chris Lynn for your middle order.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
You don't get there sooner though... it's the same number of picks, just with the cut offs drawn in a different place.