Cricket Betting Site Betway
Page 6 of 331 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast
Like Tree1339Likes

Thread: *Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

International Debutant The Hutt Rec's Avatar
    Kuggeleijn would get massacred debuting in Australia.

Even Bond struggled in his first few tests over there.

Ferguson has to play every test match imo.

I think i have PTSD from Lyon and Starc's batting at Adelaide. I can easily see Cummins making good scores down the order unless you have someone who can bowl heat.

There is literally no reason the pace attack shouldn't be Wagner, de Grandhomme and Ferguson. The enforcer, the daddy, and the wheels. Keep the bucktooth and the only man who seems to enjoy doing up his top button out of this victory march.
    Daemon, Bahnz and harsh.ag like this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Flem274* View Post
    i like many come to cw to briefly escape the pain of mediocre and obscure existence by being mediocre and obscure on the internet.
    Quote Originally Posted by fruitycreeper View Post
    been speakin to this lass for a while finally got her round muy house. whakcd on netflix and told her to pick a film. big mistake cos she picked ****in footlose. 2 hours of torture and she dint even blow me. shambles. safe to say we arent talkin no more

Request Your Custom Title Now!
    Suicide Bob Champion!
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnske View Post
    There is literally no reason the pace attack shouldn't be Wagner, de Grandhomme and Ferguson. The enforcer, the daddy, and the wheels. Keep the bucktooth and the only man who seems to enjoy doing up his top button out of this victory march.

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by hendrix View Post
    I really like CdG and think he's brought immense value to the side, particularly at home. But if our horses-for-courses selection policy that's served us so well for the better part of a decade can't see fit to drop a dibbly-dobbly no rounder (I mean that in the most endearing way possible) for a tour of Australia, I think that'd be a failure.
    CDG just has too many attributes for this to ever happen. He's actually one of the best pure batsmen in this side, it's just that he gets it wrong mentally sometimes. And we all know he can biff it if he's given a platform.

And if it swings with a pink ball he's very handy, then even if it doesn't he can perform a holding role.

Kuggle will never be an international cricketer in any format. Mark my words. He bowls gun barrel 140km pace which international batsmen have no issue with, and he's a very inconsistent hitter who might have a 30 in his once every series or two. If you want an alternative, pick Neesham.

I can't believe I ate the whole thing NZTailender's Avatar
    Kuggs is a myth. Dodgy character aside he's just not got the tools to be a genuine bowling only option, nor a bits and pieces all-rounder option.
    _Ed_ and The Hutt Rec like this.
    President of SKAS - Kat is King | Proud member of CVAAS - One of the best | LRPLTAS - Rosco rocks!
    Go Tigers!
    R.I.P. Fardin & Craig

Quote Originally Posted by SteveNZ View Post
    CDG just has too many attributes for this to ever happen. He's actually one of the best pure batsmen in this side, it's just that he gets it wrong mentally sometimes. And we all know he can biff it if he's given a platform.

And if it swings with a pink ball he's very handy, then even if it doesn't he can perform a holding role.

Kuggle will never be an international cricketer in any format. Mark my words. He bowls gun barrel 140km pace which international batsmen have no issue with, and he's a very inconsistent hitter who might have a 30 in his once every series or two. If you want an alternative, pick Neesham.
    I honestly felt like CdG turned a corner with his batting in this Test. Like he figured out when to be mature and measured and when to accelerate.
    TheBrand likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NZTailender View Post
    I honestly felt like CdG turned a corner with his batting in this Test. Like he figured out when to be mature and measured and when to accelerate.
    Feel like Test cricket suits CdG. Loves just going at a slow slow strike rate of 90 with no pressure to go fast. Maybe that's why he bats at 4 in T20s. As an aside, he should be an opening option in the shorter formats. Just feel like it would suit his style.
    NZTailender likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Milenko47 View Post
    Feel like Test cricket suits CdG. Loves just going at a slow slow strike rate of 90 with no pressure to go fast. Maybe that's why he bats at 4 in T20s. As an aside, he should be an opening option in the shorter formats. Just feel like it would suit his style.
    I always felt CdG was too orthodox to succeed at T20 (and maybe ODIs).

Powerful hitter, but played in a classical way, sometimes got too cramped up and would get caught in the deep attempting to clear the boundary rather than find the gap. (Plus, visually, it appeared like his bat was too heavy and/or his back-swing too slow for the bowling variations). Suited test cricket playing orthodox attacking cricket with gaps in the outfield.

Is this still the case? I see he has an IPL contract now so I'm probably 5 years out of date.
    Last edited by Immenso; 26-11-2019 at 04:45 PM.
    jcas0167 likes this.

International Vice-Captain
    Quote Originally Posted by Milenko47 View Post
    Yup, it's always been the case. His FC numbers have always been far superior to his list A and T20 - even though you look at him as a guy who can wack it to all parts and therefore should be the other way around. He thrives on less score board pressure and more gaps in the field - which as a guy who can play all around the clock, suits him to the ground.

I think there's a misconception that a) he's a bigger with the bat and b) he doesn't care enough at times. He's actually technically very, very good. Always has been. And he actually cares a lot, which is why he can get tight in certain situations. He's just a hell of a cricketer and I think he's starting to know that now, and trust in his game and own the responsibility.
    jcas0167 likes this.

I saw in the post-match interviews that NZ are considering playing both Tastle and Santa in the 2nd test. Argh, but understandable. If they're playing on the slow clay, Lockie might well be surplus to requirements, and now that we're 1-0 up, a tail of Santner, Tastle, Southee and Wagner would make it more likely that we'd secure a draw in the event that things don't go according to plan. Still, argh.
    Quote Originally Posted by HeathDavisSpeed View Post
    I can think of a list of Sydney Grade posters who would contribute a better average post than Bahnz.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cloakey View Post
    Darlingface
    A bit of a pace floozy (but a wise floozy).

Quote Originally Posted by Bahnz View Post
    I saw in the post-match interviews that NZ are considering playing both Tastle and Santa in the 2nd test. Argh, but understandable. If they're playing on the slow clay, Lockie might well be surplus to requirements, and now that we're 1-0 up, a tail of Santner, Tastle, Southee and Wagner would make it more likely that we'd secure a draw in the event that things don't go according to plan. Still, argh.
    Yeah I half-joked this would happen. Love to see Southee at 11 as retribution for Broad though.

This whole injury cloud over several of our players has really taken the spark out the Aus tests for me personally...Boult's condition so 50/50, CDG basically out, KW with a niggle. UGH.

International Vice-Captain GoodAreasShane's Avatar
    Somewhere vaguely near the Mercantile Mutual sign
    Boult in a race against time to be fit for a critical tour to Australia, the more things change the more things stay the same I guess.
    #FreeShri

Quote Originally Posted by Magrat Garlick View Post
    glad to not have found out the real name of GoodAreasShane, as it allows me to keep imagining that at club cricket his mates shout "good areas, GoodAreasShane"
    Quote Originally Posted by Prince EWS View Post
    JP Kotze is a hero.

Quote Originally Posted by thundaboult View Post
    This whole injury cloud over several of our players has really taken the spark out the Aus tests for me personally...Boult's condition so 50/50, CDG basically out, KW with a niggle. UGH.
    Eh, I've been feeling that way but as long as they don't drop Wagner again I think we're in with a shout.

Taylor needs to turn up tho

Page 6 of 331 FirstFirst ... 456781656106 ... LastLast

Thread Information