• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* New Zealand in Australia 2019/20

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
that's why i think he should go the gillespie route. he's 6 foot so he's tall enough. when he bowls his natural length 135kph is too slow to catch batsmen out consistently.

he gets natural variation to jag the ball in so if he's bowling 140+ consistently he's in the game.

it's that or he finds a way to hit the bat hard when he pitches it up.
Mr Darcy go the sweaty and red faced Mark Gillespie route? How uncouth.

Would be nice though.

jcas0167

International Debutant
lol at edging for the double hundred. What can you do as a bowler but shake your head.

A very good and well organised batsman though, obviously.
Is it standard to discard with slips when a guy is obviously under a bit of self imposed pressure approaching a century? Just watched the highlights of that great Boxing Day test in '87. Crowe was out for 76 and 80, while Wright was dismissed for 99. All caught in the slips.

Flem274*

123/5
there he goes. surprised it didn't happen sooner, he's looked pretty tired for a while and was getting increasingly tinny. massive knock, he knows how to crush a team.

what seperates world class players from good players is ruthlessness and labuskugnee has it.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Is it standard to discard with slips when a guy is obviously under a bit of self imposed pressure approaching a century? Just watched the highlights of that great Boxing Day test in '87. Crowe was out for 76 and 80, while Wright was dismissed for 99. All caught in the slips.
dunno, though Taylor was parked at first slip almost the entirety of the first two tests and it didn't seem to help much.

Pleased for Astle to get a wicket.

Flem274*

123/5
The body language post-dismissal from Labuschagne could do some work. Been average all series.
who gives a ****? he scored runs, lots of them. i wish we'd score some runs and take some wickets instead of winning spirit of cricket awards. rossco should have knocked marais erasmus tf out in that wc final where england fluked a tie.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Is it standard to discard with slips when a guy is obviously under a bit of self imposed pressure approaching a century?
I think the plan was to ring-field him to make it hard for him to pick up a single. Unless they thought he was going to run himself out or try to chip one over cover this was always only going to delay the inevitable though IMO.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
who gives a ****? he scored runs, lots of them. i wish we'd score some runs and take some wickets instead of winning spirit of cricket awards. rossco should have knocked marais erasmus tf out in that wc final where england fluked a tie.
Wait what? Every source I've read has recorded that as an England victory.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
The race to two spinning wickets in this series is really heating up!!!

Raval: 1
Santner: 1
Somerville: 1
Astle: 1

Hicheal Michael

U19 Captain
I'm joking bro.

I just think of the poor sod on a zero hour contract who has to pick up his gum every dismissal.