• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Afghanistan vs West Indies 2019

vcs

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Finally a Test match that looks like it's going to be a good contest. Been some blowouts recently.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
He struggled massively against Bumrah but looked a decent player of spin in the one innings where he managed to last for a while.
Does seem better against spin than pace from what I have seen, both in the innings you are talking about and domestically for Barbados, but still exceeding my expectations of him by a fair way.

SillyCowCorner1

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The Bajans are stamping their authority in this match now. Brooks is battling like one-third of the 3 W's, while Dowrich another one-third of the triple threat trio.

GoodAreasShane

Cricketer Of The Year
He is, there was a match against Zimbabwe a few years a go where he gave some hideous decisions.
I remember that game, not a great performance. But domestically he has usually been one of the least worst umpires, although that really isn't saying much.

The thought of John Ward as an international umpire should be enough to send shivers down anybody's spine

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The match is being played at the Bharat Ratna Shri Atal Bihari Vajpayee Ekana Cricket Stadium.

Is that the longest name of any test match ground?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I remember that game, not a great performance. But domestically he has usually been one of the least worst umpires, although that really isn't saying much.

The thought of John Ward as an international umpire should be enough to send shivers down anybody's spine
The standard of umpiring in the domestics has always shocked me. Seems producing quality umpires isn't that easy.