• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Decade of Death Draft

MrPrez

International Debutant
1. Bruce Mitchell (1990s)
2. Bill Woodfull (1960s)
3. Ken Barrington (1980s)
4. Clyde Walcott + (2000s)
5. Syd Gregory (1920s)
6. Aubrey Faulkner (1930s)
7. Clive Rice (2010s)
8. Bert Oldfield (1970s)
9. Frank Foster (1950s)
10. Colin Blythe (1910s)
11. Jack Hearne (1940s)

MrPrez

International Debutant
Not 100% happy with Gregoy as my 5 but with Faulkner/Rice/Oldfield behind him and even Foster at 9, I'm happy enough with the batting.

Bowling may lack a star pacer but Foster/Hearne/Rice is still pretty strong, and then there's the spin-partnership of Faulkner/Blythe.

It may not be quite as star-packed a team as some others, but I reckon this team would be just as, if not more, effective.

AndrewB

International Vice-Captain
John Waite (2010s)

Final XI:
Herbert Sutcliffe
Eddie Barlow
Ranjitsinhji
Charles Macartney
Maurice Leyland
Monty Noble*
John Waite+
Albert Trott
Johnny Wardle
Harold Larwood
George Lohmann

a massive zebra

International Captain
Congratulations to the eight people who have now completed the draft. Some excellent and very interesting teams covering a wide spectrum of Test history as is almost guaranteed by the demands of this draft. I will hold the draft open for a few more days in order to allow the three remaining players (SillyCowCorner1, Michaelf7777777 and Red Hill) to complete their drafts.

Last edited:

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Jack Fingleton 1980s, then Cowdrey doesn't have to open.
You're a legend.

Jack Fingleton
Billy Murdoch
Stan McCabe
Colin Cowdrey
Frank Woolley
George Giffen
Jack Blackham +
Richie Benaud *
Malcolm Marshall
Ken Farnes
JJ Ferris