• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

If you want build India's all time greatest test team, what players will you choose?

Starfighter

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Karun Nair and arguably Rohit Sharma do not belong there. Otherwise a list of players everyone wants to play against.
Hey, I was trying to make a funny and bad XI, not just a bad one. The complete nonentity that Nair's career has been since definitely comes under funny. People will look at that scorecard in years time and wonder what the hell happened.

h_hurricane

International Vice-Captain
Dhoni was occasionally sloppy in tests whereas Kirmani was apparently almost as good as Knott.
The issue with rating players from that era is that we would probably have to rely on highlights in which hardly any one knows how good or sloppy they were. Not saying Kirmani was mediocre, but his record is certainly below par when compared to Dhoni. And when the gulf between them is far too much, one would go with the more accomplished player.

trundler

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I know **** all, I'll agree. Just wanted to be a hipster and pick a black and white player. Total shot in the dark either way.

h_hurricane

Not sure why Nair keeps not getting picked. He had a few failures but has been given a very short rope. His competitors are the likes of Sharma and Rahane not Garry Sobers or Viv Richards.

Logan

U19 Captain
Openers : Gavaskar and Sehwag

Middle Order : Dravid, Sachin and Kohli

All Rounder : Kapil Dev and Ashwin

Wicket Keeper : MS Dhoni

Fast Bowler : Srinath

Spinners : Kumble and Chandrasekhar

Last edited:

h_hurricane

10 years from now, if things go according to script, Shaw and Pant could make in an ATG Indian XI. Gill's case is more difficult as he is competing for a middle order place. I also expect one among Ashwin and Jadeja to be a lock.

Logan

U19 Captain
Ashwin averages 30 with the bat and has taken 345 wickets @ an average of 25.

Jadeja has taken 230 wickets @ an average of 23 and averages 32 with the bat.

One of them is sure to be a lock for an India ATG 11. Ashwin can arguably be picked even now.